All reviewstram stopeasy travelcity centrereasonable sizepublic transportno frillspleasant stayhot watertea coffeethe air conditioningold towncouple of nightsthe main railway stationfree passthe ground floorexposwitzerland
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Pros: Well-designed all-functional cozy room. Comfortable bed. Excellent shower.
Close to Wankdorf shopping center. Tram 9 takes you to the city center and the main railway station.
Very friendly personnel.

Cons: 1) Our window faced the courtyard, above the hotel entrance. Strange enough, but there was very noisy all nights because of the guests sitting by the entrance, talking and shouting non-stop.
2) No other toiletry but soap in dispensers. No glass cups (plastic ones only).
3) Water tap very low, not allowing to fill a bottle.

Stayed: June 2018
ibisbern, Manager at Ibis Bern Expo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Nesher2010

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our unbeatable location here in Bern aswell that you had a good night's sleep in our Ibis Sweet Bed. We are more than happy to share your comments regarding the personnel with our whole Team. Thank you!
We apologize for the disturbances caused by the guests sitting by the entrance. Unfortunately, this behavior is beyond our control. Of course, you can contact our reception staff at any time by phone or in person, so that the relevant guests can be made aware of the disturbing behavior.
Our showering supplies like soap and shampoo are actually combined in one tube. This is standard in every Ibis Hotel across the world to help conserve the environment. By using a single product and tube instead of several small plastic bottles, we save huge amounts of waste.
We understand that our water taps in the Hotelrooms are too low to fill a bottle with water. Therefore our guests are always very welcome to come to the reception and ask a front desk agent to fill up their bottle.

We hope to welcome you again very soon here in Bern!
Sunny regards from beautiful Bern

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

The room was compact but you get what you need. We earlier stayed at Ibis budget so can clearly tell the difference between the rooms. The room we stayed in this time was bigger with temp control.It was airy and fresh.There is one small window but atleast bigger than ibis budget. Overall we had a comfortable stay. Bern expo tram station is just opposite to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Sheetal M

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such a lovely and honest feedback. We are more than happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel Ibis Bern Expo. Next in order I would like to mention that our location is one of our strongest traits and we are glad it worked out for you and we hope you enjoyed the free tram rides through Bern.

We would be very happy to have you staying with us again on your next visit to Bern

Best regards

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

It's a 2 star hotel but an employee like Mr jamil make it a special hotel. He went out of the way every time we asked him to help. THANK U VERY MUCH for your help Mr Jamil .bern is an excellent base and would recommend the hotel only because of Mr Jamil

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
ibisbern, Manager at Ibis Bern Expo, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Dear Rakchicago999,

Thank you for your wonderful review on your stay at the Hotel Ibis Bern Expo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with Jamil. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to Jamil. We hope you enjoyed your time here in Bern with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

Many greetings from beautiful Bern

Reviewed June 6, 2018

Best Ibis I've stayed at!

PROS: Location seems far on the map but it is actually close and the tram station is right outside. We even walked from the hotel to Rosengartner and it just took us a couple of minutes. There is a mall close by with a huge supermarket.

Property is nice, seems recently renovated. Lobby, breakfast area and rooms are great! Rooms have the new Ibis scheme, and I think it is such an improvement from their previous design.

Staff was friendly
Breakfast was standard Ibis, with is very good.

CONS: none

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
ibisbern, Manager at Ibis Bern Expo, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Jorge S

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our unbeatable location here in Bern. It is our pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback and we are extremely proud to share your comments with our whole team. Thank you!

We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Sunny regards from beautiful Bern

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I'm always travelling for work and just checked-in to Ibis for a meeting in Bern this week. My suit had a few creases and I needed to get it ironed out. However being a budget friendly hotel there was no iron in my room. I went to the front desk to ask for an iron as well as an adapter since my US plug wouldn't work and I somehow brought the wrong adapter. I was told I will be charged for it. This was no problem for me so I asked the gentleman to charge it to my room. He said he cannot do that - he needed me to pay in cash. I said "can I pay with my credit card?" His response again was no sorry I can only do cash.
I've just arrived and frankly have no cash on me at the moment and there wasn't an ATM nearby that I could find.
WoW! In 2018, with all the forms of payment available this is truly surprising to me. I would imagine that it would have saved me time if they would include it on their list of amenities, that no iron provided and cash is required if you need to use one.
As a hotel guest, I expected him to have made a provision to accomodate my request but he didn't. I guess i don't look like their typical guest.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear Suzette

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations.

All amenities, such as an iron, hair dryer or adapter are available at the Front Desk. We take a caution cash of CHF 20.00 (or any currency our guests carry with them). At the moment the amenities are returned, the money is given back to the guest.
At our hotel we have many employees with different nationalities, so please be sure that the behavior of our employee was not an act of unequal treatment. Anyway we are sorry, that you did not get the warm and friendly treatment every guest deserve whilst staying with us.

We very much hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we would be happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards and all the best to you.