1,308 results
All reviews jack's brasserie sky terrace train station rooftop bar schnitzel rain shower mini bar turn down service perfect service wonderful hotel five star hotel swiss hospitality highly recommend this hotel an upgrade up to date large bathroom old town
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is centrally located and very convenient. It is across from the train station and minutes from walking towards the Old Town. The room was lovely, with lots of efficiency additions (which took some time to figure out!) and all the perks one might expect from this type of hotel.
The service was inconsistent at times: the first night Ricardo was supremely gracious and helpful, went out of his way to be welcoming. Some of the other women on the reception area on subsequent occarions,on the other hand, were not always so gracious. Sarah and Kristen were very helpful with directions and maps and answering questions.
The restaurant served good choices of items for all tastes but was quite expensive. Restaurant staff were excellent.
The SPA Terrace staff were again inconsistent. Perhaps it was the language issue (I do not speak Swiss German) or that fact I was a woman travelling alone or ?? but the quality of the welcome was not warm. The staff seems more receptive to business travelers.
I would not stay at the hotel again, since there are many other comparable hotels nearby.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HSB_Quality, Quality & CSR Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you very much for your visit and for your feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you have had a nice stay with us.
However, we are sorry that service was not consistent throughout the hotel.
It is our standard to treat all of our guests the same, regardless of their language, origin or gender. We will definitely discuss your feedback with our Spa team, as the welcome and the interaction with our guests should always be warm, friendly and personal.
We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Seraina Zahner

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was perfect! It doesn’t look like much from the outside but it is historic classy beautifully appointed with the most wonderful staff. I casually mentioned at check-in that it was my birthday. Within a short time I had a piece of cake with a candle on a plate decorated with chocolate syrup which spelled out happy birthday. I couldn’t believe it! Great location too!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HSB_Quality, PA to General Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear rss1836,
Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are very pleased, that we could surprise you on your very special day and we hope to welcoming you back soon again at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA.
Best regars, Stéphanie Gerber

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First impression - LOVE IT! Especially personal touch from staff throughout the hotel except for Fernanda.

We chose the Schweizerhof due to its proximity next to the Bern train station and fortunately only stayed for one night. There was an underground walk way that led you to the hotel and an elevator, very convenient. The hotel provided free tram pass for your entire stay and free minibar. They upgraded us to the Luxury Living Studio that came with a kitchen with microwave and etc. It was great for those who stay longer.

After a long flight and five hours train ride from Frankfurt, we were friendly greeted by Isabelle at the front desk. She provided all info that enhanced our stay. That moment made me realize that this Schweizerhof was indeed the award winning hotel and exemplar of Swiss hospitality.

Great room service, quick and delicious hot dishes.

Our great experience ended at 630am when we rushed to breakfast in order to catch the train to our next stop. The Jack’s Brasserie restaurant started serving breakfast from 6.30am (we checked at the time of check-in). We went in, there was a gentleman behind the bar and one grumpy and very rude waitress, Fernanda. We asked Fernanda whether they were ready, she said yes. We sat in idle for 10 minutes. Nobody paid attention. I started to go to the bar to order coffee and ordered food. Thought we were at the cheap diner next to the train station. It took forever for us to get our food and Fernanda was very rude. Apart from ignoring us, she did raise her voice at us when we asked her about our order. She made loud noise from throwing cutlery into the tray. I lost my patient so I went to the front desk and reported this rudeness. Kim was a star and came to resolve the issues. However, Fernanda continued to be rude. I insisted that I would like to talk to the manager. The boss happened to be on vacation. I spoke to her secretary and she apologized. We left and never heard back from them again - not even an apology email.

Conclusion, we immediately gave this hotel five-star during our arrival. We walked off with regret.

Will we recommend this hotel to anyone? No. If you want to stay near to the train station, you should try somewhere else. It's not worth paying CHF400 for this experience.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HSB_Quality, General Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear euro2006,
first and foremost we would like to thank you for having stayed with us at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA in April and for having taken the time to give us a detailed review now. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us except of your experience at breakfast.
We did discuss your feedback after your departure internally. We are still very sorry for your poor experience at our breakfast. Please be assured that this is not how we want our guests to start into the day and that we took your feedback seriously. Our goal is the total satisfaction of our guests. We could not convince your mother and you – but we hope that you give us another chance to prove you that we can do better.
Sincerely, Iris Flückiger

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You may imagine how miserable I was when I found my backpack was stolen on the train with all travel documents inside. Really want to say a BIG thanks to all the angels at the front desk of Hotel Schweihof Bern that offer me a room without prior booking and formal ID document. In this hotel, the people, facilities and F&B are so good that eased my tension and be focused in applying an emergency passport to go home. Thank you.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HSB_Quality, PA to General Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sunshine66973463611, we are happy to read that you got home safe and everthing worked out well with your emergency passport. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA. Best wishes, Stéphanie Gerber

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the Hotel Schweizerhof Hotel for the OHMSS50 event. The staff was top notch, straight from the moment I walked in the door. From the check-in, to the room showing, and the amenities, I would highly recommend this to anyone in the Switzerland area. It is truly an experience of another level.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Bryan H, thank you very much for your wonderful words which I am going share with the whole Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA - Team. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Best regards, Stéphanie Gerber