1,288 results
All reviews jack's brasserie sky terrace train station rooftop bar rain shower schnitzel mini bar turn down service perfect service wonderful hotel five star hotel highly recommend this hotel an upgrade up to date large bathroom the location is perfect old town
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here a few nights ago. My husband called the hotel from the train and they had a porter meet us at the train and drag our bags to the hotel. We had a large room on the sixth floor. It was well laid out and had an enormous bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The hotel had a bell man take us back to the train station as well! We enjoyed our stay at the Schweizerhof very much and will highly recommend it in the future. Thank you to the staff for your hospitality.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HSB_Quality, Quality & CSR Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your visit and for your nice words. It makes us very happy that we succeeded in the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed one night in the shweizerhof hotel to celebrate and attend the officers ball that we organized in this hotel. At some point during the gala dinner I wanted to order alcohol that was not included in the package for the table,I was told that it wasn't a problem and I would just have to pay a separate bill (pretty standard up till now). However the waitress came back and told me it would not be possible and I would have to go downstairs to the bar to order the alcohol and bring it back up myself. I was told the staff would not be able to print out a receipt and put it on a platter along with the beverages and bring it up... in a 5 star hotel for a 175fr bill the client has to get up go down to the other bar and do it himself. I decided to talk to the banquet manager and she told me it was what she was told to do by the f&b manager and that if she said yes to me then she would have to say yes to everyone (which should be a standard in a 5 star lhw hotel) when this point was initially brought up at the bar downstairs for clarification the waitress was quite rude and dismissive of my comments and would cut me off and say "I don't make the rules" and would not listen to a customer complaint, and it's not because I wear a uniform that I am not still a 5star client. It's a shame for the f&b service because the rest was great from the rooms to the front desk quality was here, however I am baffled of the level of service and care in f&b department for a leading hotel of the world.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your visit and your feedback. I discussed it today with our Banqueting Manager and our F&B Manager. Our banqueting & events team organized all the details for your event in advance with the organisation committee. For bigger events, such as the annual officers ball, we always recommend an additional bar inside the ballroom if longdrinks or cocktails are required. If longdrinks or cocktails are wished to be included in the offer of such a big event, we do need to prepare all of the Mise en Place and schedule additional employees in our planning to keep up our service standards and to avoid waiting times for our guests. The organisation committee informed us before and even on the event itself that orders, which were not included in their offer, shouldn't be served by our employees and should be ordered by the guests at our Lobby-Lounge-Bar downstairs.
We are a Leading Hotels of the World and we do everything to fulfill the individual needs of our guests. I am sure that you understand, that we do need to respect the instructions of our contact persons who are organizing the event.
However, we will definitely discuss your feedback with the respective teams as the communication with our guests, no matter what they are wearing, should always be respective and friendly.
I am happy to discuss your experience in personal or by phone. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any other questions.
With my best regards,
qm@schweizerhof-bern.ch

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for three nights and found the Room with the King bed and bathroom to be very luxurious. Loved the rain shower in the bathroom. Service at the hotel was also very good. Great location close to everything. Would stay again for sure.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back!
All the best,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Can't recall the last time I wrote a review about a burger mainly because I rarely eat them. But this was superb!
So couple of weeks back me and the good lady were wandering around Bern and as happens, our minds turn to food. You know how this goes; wandering strange towns or cities and no idea where to go and really sometimes it's in the lap of the gods if you pick somewhere great, ok or completely duff. The Schweizerhoff caught the eye as its just off the square next to the station. It has a rather grand looking bistro on the ground floor which looked just a bit too formal for our needs so we went into the main hotel. There's a wonderful busy buzz about the reception area and its staffed by some rather efficient and very friendly concierge team who directed us towards the bar area. This is a cozy little area with a lovely contemporary almost art deco atmosphere. Nice furnishings and we blagged a great table for ourselves. Staff are uber efficient and very friendly and professional - smart uniforms, well trained and welcoming- that goes a long way in my book. Started with some excellent fresh made breads and olives which are to die for and followed up with the best beef burger I've ever tasted- homemade, no gristle and packed full of flavours- maybe some herbs in there too. Washed it down with some great house red- just excellent combo. So great staff, great food, lovely atmosphere and you've got a great lunch experience - don't walk by if you're in the area- will return one day.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
HSB_Quality, Quality & CSR Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are so thankful if our guests take the time to write a detailed review as it allows us to fully understand your needs. Our employees will definitely be encouraged by your compliments!
We hope to welcome you soon back at our Lobby-Lounge-Bar or even at our Sky Terrace für some tasty Bao Buns!
All the best wishes from Bern,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Central location in a great walking town with a staff eager to please. We had the largest King bed I have ever seen and a comfortable loveseat by French windows that open to fresh air. It was a good value as an extensive breakfast was included and even passes for the bus or tram. Our only complaint was that the “green” air circulation system that they call “climate neutral” felt stuffy in the room where the temperature never got lower than 71 though the nights were quite cool. They provided us with a floor fan that was noisy but helped a bit to help us sleep better.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your stay and for your feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA.
There might have been a misunderstanding concerning the climate neutral overnight stay as it has nothing to do with our air circulation system. We do offer our guests the possibility to offset their CO2 emissions resulting of their overnight stay (generated by heating, electricity, water consumption etc.). A donation of CHF 4 per person per night will be made to support a climate protection project in Madagascar, organised by myclimate. This project is distributing energy-saving solar-powered cookers to families, allowing them to cook without gathering firewood – a practice that was contributing to serious deforestation in Madagascar. In addition, for every cooker sold, two new tree seedlings will be planted. Together, these actions offset the CO2 emitted here in Bern. Rounding out there activities, myclimate also manages ongoing programmes to sensitise local schoolchildren to the need to protect the environment.
Please let us apologize if there might have been a misunderstanding concerning the air circulation system.
All the best wishes from Bern,