$191
$341
$157
$146
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bern Expo(Bern)(Great Value!)
$197
$178
$598
$343
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $402/night.

$194
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Bern-Westside(Bern)(Great Value!)
$155
$140
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
$164
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Hotel Ibis Styles Bern City(Bern)(Great Value!)
$140
$132
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold towntrain stationcentral locationroom facingclock towereuropean standardswould definitely stay here againnice hotelbusiness tripexcellent locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayfew minutes walkno air conditioningaare riveryogurtvisiting bern
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Best Western Hotel Bern on the first night of our honeymoon. They had prosecco waiting for us in our room upon arrival! The room was very clean with 3 large windows. The hotel was a short, direct walk from the Bern train station and is located right in the city center- within walking distance to all attractions, restaurants and Aare River. Front desk staff was very friendly.
The only down side was that cigarette smoke would flow into our room from the balconies of other guests.
We would stay here again if we return to Bern.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lindsey T
HOTELBERN, Verkaufsleiter at Best Western Hotelbern, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear Lindsey T
Thank you so much for this great Review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Bern. We hope you had a fantastic time in Switzerland during your hoonymoon vacation. If your are coming back to Berne in the future we would be pleased to welcoming you back in our hotel.
Warm regards, your Hotel Bern - Team

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Good location about ten minutes walk from the railway station in the heart of the city. Friendly greeting, but a small room (even though I had "been upgraded to a larger room") that was quite old and worn, albeit with a fairly modern design. It was adequate but not luxurious by any stretch.

Service in the bar was friendly but I didn't eat in the restaurant.

The room was reasonably quiet, although it was possible to hear the local clocks chiming. They were out of synch so at 23:00 I got 22 chimes in succession!

Overall a perfectly acceptable stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
HOTELBERN, Verkaufsleiter at Best Western Hotelbern, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear Jorganmeister
We wish to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel Bern and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. We're really pleased to hear that you liked most parts of your stay. Once again thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we would be pleased to welcome you back as our guest the next time you are in town and send our best regards from Berne.
Kind regards, your Hotel Bern - Team

Reviewed July 11, 2017

This is the fourth and final hotel that I stayed in on my Grand Tour of Switzerland with Saga and we stayed for only one night. My room was very nice and modern and met all of my requirements. As a tour group we had a separate dinner menu from guests who were not part of a group. All guests had the same breakfast.

There was a fridge with complimentary water which was very welcome and a mini Toblerone. I asked for an extra pillow and this came very quickly. There are tea and coffee making facilities but the flex on the kettle is too short. The television set is very good but it is too close to the ceiling. The only seats are a large chair in the corner underneath the TV and a stool. The only comfortable place to watch is from the bed.

Otherwise the room was very good, clean and there was plenty of hot water.

We were served our welcome drink just before dinner. There was a selection of drinks to choose from including red and white wine. Dinner was the best meal I had during the whole tour. I had a delicious cold soup followed by an equally tasty chicken dish which was so plentiful that I could not eat it all. I looked in envy at the dessert that other members of our group ate but I was too full to eat it myself.

I prefer continental to cooked breakfasts and was very happy with the one I had at this hotel.

This is the first time that I have stayed in a Best Western Hotel but hopefully not the last.

Room Tip: My room was in the centre of the building with no outlook but this was fine for one night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Frances44

Dear Frances44
Thank you so much for this lovely feedback. It is a great satisfaction for all of us that you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable at our hotel. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back and in the meantime we remain with our best wishes.
Kind regards, your Hotel Bern - Team

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

The front desk people were extremely helpful with all if our questions in English. This was the first stop of our trip, so we had many questions. They also held onto our bags for many hours until our room was ready.

The breakfast was was all you can eat, and it was fantastic.

The location was great. Walking distance the amazing cathedral, the stream, and the bear park.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear jawndi
Thank you so much for this great feedback. We are pleased to see you liked our location and breakfast. Our front desk staff will be very happy if they see the compliment. Once again thank you for staying in our hotel and we looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Claudia Mende - Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Great, central downtown location, everything is in walking distance. Don't miss the farmer's market on Tuesday or Saturday Clean, functional rooms. Surprisingly quiet at night Excellent breakfast. Overall, the hotel Bern is a great value.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HOTELBERN, Verkaufsleiter at Best Western Hotelbern, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Dear urspeterz
Thank you for this 5 star review. We would be pleased to welcome you soon back.
Best regards, Claudia Mende - Sales & Marketing