“Oops - why does this hotel always have space free?”

Best Western Hotelbern
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Bern
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I´ve been staying at this hotel during business trips to Bern for over 10 years, so I figured I knew the place, but it seems I never reviewed it.

I´ll keep it short. For a four star, I expect to have my room cleaned and the bed made. When I informed the hotel at 6pm, I was informed that the receptionist was the only person in the hotel and noone was available. She called the person in charge, who informed her that the room had been cleaned, and she said that she´d checked. An unmade bed and towels on the bathroom floor, might have been an indication that that wasn´t the case. But she assured me that it had been. Whatever ...

On my second night, the only way to sleep was to leave the windows open to cool the room (no aircon), but if you have a room facing the interior courtyard, you are just a little way away from your neighbours, so you´re going to share the same TV tastes that they do. So if you have a deaf Italian who gets up at 5am and puts on the TV, then you do the same ...

Another piece of info: The ground floor restaurant is being rebuilt July-August 2013, and food will be available (outside the weekend) on the second floor. However, the restaurant will be staffed by trainee hotel school students ....

Have fun!

Room Tip: Single rooms seem to face the interior courtyard - beware if hot weather
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reto Z, Manager at Best Western Hotelbern, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your comment and sorry for the inconvenience. This is not our standard and we apologise for the trouble cause. We hope to seeing you again at the BEST WESTERN HOTELBERN.

kind regards

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Top tips: this hotel is connected to the Bristol next door, the breakfast is better next door so wander through for bacon and eggs they don't seem to mind.

You can have free wifi for as many devices as you need

The station is just round the corner

This hotel has a great location right outside the Swiss parliament, bang in the middle of their capital and only steps from the station. The rooms are clean, roomy and reception gives you free Internet access for as many devises as you need. The bar is open late and hie staff friendly.

Room Tip: At the back room was quite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Julian G

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your comment,
hope to see you again at the BEST WESTERN HOTELBERN.

best regards

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very clean, yet tiny rooms. Central but quiet location. Free WiFi works fine, rooms come with a fridge, one bottle of water, and a tea pot. I just don't understand why the cleaning personnel was knocking on my door three times between 8am and 9am. My meeting next door was starting at 9.15am (very late for Switzerland, yeah), still, I would really have appreciated a bit more silence in the morning.

Room Tip: 5th floor was good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mk83ch
Reto Z, Manager at Best Western Hotelbern, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your comment! We will check your feedback with the housekeeping team, sorry for this error. kind regards

HOTELBERN Management

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first hotel stay with our 3-week old son and overall I was highly pleased with the level of service and overall quality of the hotel. The location is excellent. It's in the heart of downtown. What really stood out out for us was the customer service. We arrived early, but still, the room was ready and we were able to check in. We had also requested a crib in advance, which was brought to the room. I was so happy to see that it was high quality and well maintained. Finally, the restaurant staff was very helpful in delivering our food to the room after having to leave because of a screaming baby. The rooms were modern and well maintained and the breakfast was good too. Overall, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reto Z, Manager at Best Western Hotelbern, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thanks for your comment, we are very pleased to hear this compliment.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The location of Hotel Bern is perfect. We were easily able with reasonable walks in different directions to see all of the sights. The room itself was quite small and rather funky - ultra modern in decor. All was clean and well maintained. Be warned that breakfast is not complimentary. I missed this message somehow. We ate our usual small breakfast of cereal, yogurt, fruit and then realized we owed 36 francs for it.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gafarmgirl623

dear guest, thanks for your very good feedback, all teh best and hope to seeing soon.

HOTELEBRN

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the two days we spent at the Best Western Hotel Berne. The hotel is well located, next to the main points of interests and within walking distance from the railway station. The service is good and the staff helpfull. Although centraly located, we had some difficulties in finding the hotel (Zeughausgasse 9) due to temporary road works.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarkVie

thanks for your wonderful feedback, we are going on!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

So, old town Bern is small and this hotel is right in the middle of it. Got a quiet room facing away from street but the streets are very quiet anyways. The hotel is deserving of its four stars and is kept in top shape and clean. I noticed nothing broken or dilapidated in any parts. Had a breakfast meeting that was comfortable and smallish but good buffet. We had a conference room which was comfortable for our group of 15. The room was fine.

Room Tip: I had room 406, facing away from street. Private and quiet. Not a great view, but I was there to s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank winterson66

great to hear this feedback from you, thank you very much!