We enjoyed this hotel in early January 2013. We had 3 nights there, but used it as a base to see surrounding sites - so we didn't stay in the hotel much or use all of its amenities. However we had one very delicious and well served dinner and the breakfasts are really good too.
All the staff are very welcoming and helpful, which really makes a difference. As we left to catch our train we were given bottles of water - little things help.
The rooms are good - very nicely laid out and large. Small improvement would have been tea and coffee facilities in the room.
Had a few drinks and snacks in the bar, which was also good. Nice atmosphere - seemed mostly businessmen.
The hotel is an easy walk to the station and convenient for the old town and the main shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel of the Swiss government with a history extending back 150 years - The BELLEVUE PALACE is the only grand hotel in the heart of the capital. The magnificent salons, the grandiose vista of the Bernese Alps and the warm hospitality make this luxury hotel so unique. It has always been a meeting place for politicians and diplomats, it featured in John le Carre's spy novels, and it is also a casual meeting place for the whole of Berne. La BELLE VIE au BELLEVUE PALACE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BELLEVUE PALACE Bern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Palace Bern Hotel Bern
- Bellevue Palace Hotel Bern
- Bern Bellevue Palace Hotel