This was a wonderful hotel with gorgeous public rooms and wonderful guestrooms. It was a beautiful room (no view), wonderful bathroom. Two things I have to agree with a previous writer on is the lack of free wifi -- a per minute charge in these days -- and the teeny-tiny tv. They even had an elaborate system with tv channels from all over the world. However, it was really tedious and grueling to use, and the old tube-tv was hard to see. It is unfortunate and frustrating since there were so many channels available. We spent three weeks in Europe, and this was the only hotel without a flat screen tv, although it was the most expensive.
The room had wonderful closets and a great, modern bathroom. The desk staff was awesome....friendly yet professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel of the Swiss government with a history extending back 150 years - The BELLEVUE PALACE is the only grand hotel in the heart of the capital. The magnificent salons, the grandiose vista of the Bernese Alps and the warm hospitality make this luxury hotel so unique. It has always been a meeting place for politicians and diplomats, it featured in John le Carre's spy novels, and it is also a casual meeting place for the whole of Berne. La BELLE VIE au BELLEVUE PALACE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BELLEVUE PALACE Bern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Palace Bern Hotel Bern
- Bellevue Palace Hotel Bern
- Bern Bellevue Palace Hotel