All reviews free coffee and tea tram stop single room was small old town good sized bathroom recommend hotel residential area enjoyed my stay comfortable stay the central train station bread third floor wi fi spent nights small hotel bed was comfortable travel card
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We spent 2 nights at the Hotel Waldhorn. It is a lovely small hotel located in a residential area a short tram ride away from the centre of Bern. The hotel provides you with free travel cards for all the trams during your stay which is a lovely touch. The tram stop is close by the hotel (you can see the stop from the hotel). It is very easy to get into the centre of the city and to see all the sights of Bern. The staff there were very friendly and welcoming. The room was a good size and additionally had a good sized bathroom which you often don't get in Europe. The room was kept spotlessly clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast is basic but good quality my only complaint was that it is served downstairs in the basement..its nice to have a view over breakfast but that's just my personal opinion. I would recommend Hotel Waldhorn for a nice short stay in Bern.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
497manueld, Receptionist at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Wendy, thank you very much for your nice feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We unfortunately don't have any additional rooms where we could serve the breakfast. We hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

After extensive online searches, I decided on the Waldhorn due to price and its relative proximity to Old Town Bern. It more than met my needs for a single night’s stay. Al of the areas of the hotel I saw were updated in appearance. Elevators serve all floors from the deep basement to the third floor. My single room was small, but the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was modern, and everything was immaculately clean. The quality of the continental breakfast was above average with good quality cheeses, meats, and breads. Boiled eggs and fresh fruit were also available. Wi-Fi was easily accessible throughout the hotel and speed of downloads was good. I used the underground parking garage and found the elevator which accesses it to be easier to use than I anticipated; spaces in the garage accommodated a medium sized car. Seriously consider reserving a parking space if you drive - street parking was not available at the time of my stay? Front desk support was courteous and efficient; I appreciated their friendly assistance with several small matters. A local bus pass is provided to guests, but I was able to easily walk down and back to the inner city. The tram stop is a block from the hotel. An large array of restaurants are in close proximity to the hotel, but I suggest reservations at the more popular choices.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Asta365
497manueld, Reception at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a feedback. We are happy to read, that you were satisfied with our hotel and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon! Kind regards, Marlies Leuenberger

Reviewed February 26, 2019

I visited Bern in December 2018 and spent 2 nights at the Hotel Waldhorn. The location is easily accessible by public transportation from the central train station. The rooms are sized as most European hotels, small but lots of storage. Room was spotless, bed was comfortable, and the price was perfect for a budget. The breakfast had ample choices, and all the food was wonderful. There was beer available in the lobby for a price, which was an added bonus. The staff could not have been more helpful, or friendly. I would absolutely stay there again!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lschmitt
Manuel D, Reception at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Thank you for your great review and for choosing our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. That's a big motivation for the whole team! It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel. Kind regards. Shirin Kühnel

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Just fine for one night, small rooms but no issues, travel card was handy. Staff friendly enough and the 'car lift' was a new one on me - never even been in one of those in Japan though I have heard of them. I was worried it meant the car park would be tricky but it was fine. Nowhere is Switzerland is cheap but this was more modest than most. Fine for a passing stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Manuel D, Reception at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a feedback! We hope you had a good time in Bern and maybe we have the pleasure of welcoming you another time again. Kind regards, Marlies Leuenberger

Reviewed October 7, 2018

My single room was small, but comfortable. The bed was very good and the room and bathroom clean. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety of items. The staff was friendly and helpful. I found the price a bit high for the size of the room, but maybe this is the standard in Bern.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Manuel D, Manager at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to give us this review. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Bern. Best regards. Silvia Schwab.