$429
$189
$174
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Bern Expo(Bern)(Great Value!)
$143
$127
$179
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Bern-Westside(Bern)(Great Value!)
$141
$103
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

Hotel Ibis Styles Bern City(Bern)(Great Value!)
$125
$119
$179
1,097 results
All reviewsacross the bridgethe penthouseold townasian restaurantpanorama roomkoi pondmodern hotelthe riverbusiness hoteltrain stationthe air conditioningbusiness tripexcellent hotelcity centreyogurtlocation was perfectunderground parking
Reviewed August 15, 2017

No red flags here. Left too early to enjoy the bountiful breakfast. Spotless bathroom, excellent water pressure and temp. AC if you could ever need it. Talented entertainment in the lobby and you can converse without the life music drowning out your voice. The reception desk staff were superlative, especially the early morning staffer, Mr. Srinigar. I'd stay here again. And by the way, take your passport with you to the casino for ID.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Starting by the fact they have normal pillows! And air conditioning! The oversized pillows that hotels usually have in this part of the world are uncomfortable and do not help much to make it easy to sleep away from home. Good location, only a few blocks from the historic center. Excellent breakfast. Parking nearby.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
bernallegro, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear CLAUDIO S,

Thank you for your amazing review. It’s an honour to read that you experienced our hotel as the best one on your trip through Switzerland and Germany.

We would love to welcome you again.

All the best from Bern,

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I stayed here one night during a Swiss vacation, while I wanted to see Bern. I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel was across the bridge from Bern's old town -- while not located in the midst of the action, it was a quick walk to the main sights as a tourist.

I particularly liked the casino -- very modern and pleasant to be in. The restaurant in the lobby was nice as well. (I had a great risotto.) I also felt like I was in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, riding the glass elevators.

Facilities were clean, expansive and modern. The staff was very friendly.

I was in an economy room which did not have natural sunlight and faced the inner atrium. I was fine with this because they made it abundantly clear that this was the choice I had selected, and gave me the option to upgrade if preferred (I imagine they get a lot of visitors who don't read the room descriptions and see what they booked!). It was fine for me.

I would suggest that they make the manual slide chain locks easier to open, especially for the interior rooms. After locking my door at night, and then putting the chain on, I found it hard to get the physical chain lock undone so I could physically open the door the next morning. I think this is a safety hazard. That's the only bad thing I can say.

Otherwise - I had a wonderful stay at this hotel and would return.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank ds143
bernallegro, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Dear ds143,

Thank you for your positive reply regarding your stay with us. It’s great to hear, that you could benefit all-round from our house.
Your comment regarding the door lock will be forwarded to the responsible person. We collect all guests’ suggestions in order to take them into account when planning our next refurbishment of the rooms.
We would be pleased to welcome you another time in the hotel Allegro.

Kind regards from Bern,

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Please remember this. Half the rooms have NO window to the outside. All rooms have windows but half of them face inside of the hotel. My room faced a very narrow space (see photo). Without switching on the light, my room was pitch dark at all times. It felt like a prison cell, albeit a nicely decorated, modern one. I asked the receptionist to find me another room at ANY price because I felt claustrophobic and panicky at the thought of staying there for the night. But I was told that the hotel was 100% booked due to board meetings, weddings, tour groups etc. I had no way of checking the truth of this statement but the hotel did look very busy. I cannot believe any decent architect would design a hotel with half the rooms that get NO natural light at all. What really annoyed me was that they advertise their hotel as having wonderful view of the Alps. Yeah, right. Some rooms do have real windows but these are in the minority. Their ads are misleading.
Another disadvantage of this hotel is that there is nothing around it. You would have to take the tram or walk across the bridge to get into town center. The breakfast buffet was good but the service was terrible. I had to go and find a waiter to get coffee.

Room Tip: When you book, request a room that has a window to the outside. I think it's best to stay elsewhere just to be safe
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Parkegli
bernallegro, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear Parkegli,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your thoughts concerning your stay with us.
I am sorry that our Economy rooms did not match your expectations. As you already mentioned, we were fully booked, and unfortunately not able to upgrade your room category.
Our slightly more expensive Comfort rooms do all have a balcony and a nice view in the garden. The Panorama rooms offer a stunning view over the city of Bern. Please consider for future bookings, to choose a higher room category in first place.
With the complimentary Bern Ticket for public transfer, you can reach the city centre within one minute.
We hope to welcome you another time in Bern and be able to satisfy you with our service and friendly staff.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2017

This hotel is housed in a modern building designed by an architect with an eye for detail. Impressing and creating a nice ambience was more important then stacking the maximum amount of people in the minimum amount of space. The hotel has beautifull common areas , a glass walled elevator and rooms finished at high standards. At 180SFR a standard room is certainly not overpriced. All amenities, including large flat screen, minibar, safe, complimentary coffee, great bathroom, comfortable chair. And airco, wich in Switserland even in four star hotels with rooms overlooking the lake and mountains is not always a given.

Room Tip: The better rooms with the great views cost a little more. If you like a mountain view, pay the little extra.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
bernallegro, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Willy B,

Thank you very much for your great review regarding your stay with us.
We are pleased to hear, that you liked the design and the comfort of the hotel combined with all the amenities. It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again in Bern.

Best regards,