During a recent business trip I spent one night at the Hotel Allegro in Bern.
Several things work very well in the hotel:
1. Excellent staff - the front desk personnel were very helpful without exception
2. Impeccable location - close to the old city, but also close to the Government offices
3. Very good breakfast
4. Free Internet
5. Nice rooms with good views
The only thing holding the hotel back from perfect is the strangely slow TV - it takes forever to turn on and to change channels.
I would certainly rate the hotel high and return if back in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star superior Hotel Allegro is renowned for its high standards of service, excellent accommodation and choice of great gastronomy. Not to mention the breathtaking views of Bern's historic old town quarter, since 1983 a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the first in Switzerland. The hotel comprises 171 rooms and suites in various categories. These include Economy rooms, Comfort rooms (with beautiful balcony) and Panorama rooms (which offer not only fine views but also special design and décor). For privileged guests and in a comfort and quality class of their own are the hotel's exclusive suites – Junior, Panorama and Penthouse – enhanced by distinctive yet discreet design and every comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Allegro Bern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.