“Lovely hotel is located close to Bundesplatz”

Hotel Baren am Bundesplatz
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Bern
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel is located close to Bundesplatz. Easy walking distance to most of the sites, and very close to the train station.Very friendly staff and excellent service. Interior in rooms are simple but comfortable. Rooms don't have minibar (on the first floor is a machine with drinks and snacks).

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Denis R
Corina G, Manager at Hotel Baren am Bundesplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Denis R,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us and other clients regarding your stay.
It is nice to hear that you like the emplacement of the hotel next to the Bundesplatz and that everything was within walking distance.
The compliments about our excellent service and friendly staff are going to be transferred with pleasure.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon and remain with our best regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Baren am Bundesplatz

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was by far the best value we got among 8 hotels we visited during our Swiss vacations.
The location in Bern, 5 minutes from the train station was optimal, Free welcome drinks, breakfast, spacious rooms with AC, excellent internet: there was nothing more we could ask for. More practical than beautiful, this was a welcome change compared to many other hotels that claim character at the expense of comfort.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick H
Corina G, Manager at Hotel Baren am Bundesplatz, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Patrick H,
It is nice to hear that you really much enjoyed our hotel and that for you we offered the best value during your time in Switzerland.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again and remain with our best regards

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We are 2 adults + 1 toodler and a baby and we stayed in a double bedroom for a weekend. The room was small for us considering we had to put 2 kids bed but for a 2 persons this room is more than ok.

We liked the free bottle of water in the room and the welcome drink in the bar, as well as the free chocolates and apples.

The location is great, in the heart of downtown, everything is near the hotel so you can come back for a little rest if needed and then continue your touristic visit.

Breakfast is quite basic but enough to start the day. If you prefer there are plenty of small cafeterias around, even an organic restaurant that opens all day.

I really appreciated the quality of their staff. My 3 years old toddle got stuck himself in the bathroom and the concierge sent immediately someone that was able to unlock the door. Then I forgot my wallet in tbe safe box with Euros, Swiss francs and credit cards, just realized about when I was at home! When I phoned them and mentioned my name and room number they told me thay found my wallet and sent it to my home address via post. It arrived perfectly with every cent! And they didn't even charge me for the delivery saying that they should noticed it before I left - honestly it was my fault not theirs.

In summary, we found it a nice hotel to stay for visiting the city and feeling safe in a very clean place.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank I_tell_you
Corina G, Manager at Hotel Baren am Bundesplatz, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear I_tell_you,
It is nice to hear that you really much appreciated the emplacement in the heart of Berne and the offered extras as the welcome drink and the free apples.
For your next stay we would recommend a superior twin room, in a higher category, to have more space for the whole family.
The compliments about the quality and honesty of our staff are going to be transferred with pleasure!
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family again soon and remain with our best regards
BEST WESTERN Hotel Bären

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The only 4-stars that you get from this hotel is the location. The room is small and noisy. I could heard my neighbours. My collegue who stayed on the room that faces the street told me that he do not need the wake up call service as the early bus would do the trick. The breakfast was boring and lacking of choice. The hotel is more like a quick 1 night stay city hotel. I appreciate the mini fridge in hotel and this hotel do not have one. I am a tech-buff and I find it not easy to gain access to their WiFi.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was the 3rd hotel on our Switzerland trip, and the first one to have AC, finally!!! We were so fed up of hotels not having AC in that country, we were delighted instantly on seeing a room AC... no centralized one though. Room was little cramped, though decent sized compared to other hotels we had stayed on this trip. Hotel location was awesome, walking distance from train station and in the middle of main market in Bern.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

...is the location. Everything else is either just okay or simply bad. The room is really really small, hardly enough space to walk around if you have two luggages with you. Bathroom is clean (but please replace the cow patterned wc cover), but that's just about it. We specifically ordered coffee for our breakfast box to go and we got choco drink. We didn't have the time to wait for them to replace it as we have a train to catch. Not worth the 300+ chf you pay for a night's stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aileen0705
Reviewed October 14, 2013

So the upside is the location within Bern, but that's about it. It's clean enough, but the rooms are the size and comfort of a monks cell. The quaint bell tower ringing on the hour outside my window was enjoyable until I tried to get a good nights sleep. Good luck with that if you happen to be a light sleeper. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business