“wonderful”

Museum of Fine Arts (Kunstmuseum)
Ranked #19 of 92 things to do in Bern
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This large art museum houses the world's largest collection of Paul Klee works and has an extremely impressive selection of 20th-century artists.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

dont miss it, great expo those days. many paintings that we did not know or seen before, don't miss all the floors.

1  Thank Pierre B
"impressionists"
"artists"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a nice, not overwhelming in size museum with a sweet tea/snack cafe. We nipped in on a winter's day and had a nice cup of herb tea and then wandered around taking in the Klees and other Swiss artist's work. It is a nice departure from the 'big' museums in Europe with artists 'you know' so well. It was a bit of an education and a pleasant way to spend some time.

1  Thank AFoolForTravel
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My partner and I are big art fans and the Kunstmuseum did not disappoint. It was well laid out, light and airy and had some impressive pieces of art. Friendly staff and was included in the swiss Pass.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Art Museum was just ok nothing special. I wished they would let you take photos inside the musuem like they do in Zurich Art Museum. If you have the time or it is a rainy day, may as well visit the museum, if you are short on time, I would pass.

1  Thank CodyDC
See more reviews
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I paid my entrance fee for the permanent exhibition and asked for an audio guide, there was none. I asked for a leaflet on where to find what, there was none. I looked around and couldn't really see where to start, or if there was a logical order of visit. After asking twice I finally found out that I needed to go through the temporary exhibitions ( pay entrance) to reach the first floor where most of the good stuff is. I had read that there was great artists / masterpieces in the museums And in fact there was ( Munch, van Gogh, Kandisky, Miro, Picasso etc) but i found them so poorly displayed that i hardly recall what the paintings were. There is no English explanation anywhere, not even French but only German. Wherever I go I always enjoy discovering new artists, and here the Swiss artists are exposed in the basement again without any explanation so in fact i am not even sure they were Swiss.. I found the museum quite old looking inside, the paintings not shown to their best. I was very disappointed and would only recommend it for the temporary exhibition which looked more interesting ( at the moment Klee and Itten). I was in and out in less than 1 hr and very disappointed.

3  Thank veronique d