All reviews shopping mall aqua park free entrance train station direct access local train city centre platinum member nice hotel glass door per day hotel is located public transport great room underground parking hotel room main station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019

Awful experience being a platinum ihg member. No breakfast provided even after being a platinum member. Even water was just given 1 bottle and after asking for 1 more, the receptionist said, we don't have here at the desk, you need to buy at the vending machine. City tax was also doubled because we were a couple staying. No other hotel did I see this. Especially I dont even think being a platinum member, I was valued at all. Even other members were allowed breakfast but I was denied

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bern Westside, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Hi Quest40014588047,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your candid feedback. I was quite concerned to read your comments about the lack of free breakfast and bottled water as well as with the tax. I hope you understand that these factors are within our band standards and policies. Nonetheless, I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member means a lot to us and I hope we get another chance to host you again in the future so we can provide dependable value this time around.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 20, 2019

Professional reception. always smiling, quite helpful and polite. Resturant is OK, food quality is OK too. The room is clean and quiet, a small refrigerator I missed a bit. The location is excellent to get the train.
Nice to get ticket to the wellness center.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Holiday_Inn_Bern, Leiter Front Office at Holiday Inn Bern Westside, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Dear Escape65191372919

Thank you very much for your friendly feedback.
It's our pleasure to welcome you as our guest with a big smile.
It is also a great pleasure that you were able to enjoy the wellness center to the full and explore the city of Bern.

We will gladly pass on your friendly and positive feedback to all our employees.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Céline Morgenegg
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2019

The hotel is located a little far from the city center, what was not a problem for us. We were travelling by car and hotel is located withing the same construction as shopping mall, meaning super easy parking.
The hotel provides tram passes and the final stop is just outside of the door.
Breakfast was very nice, several tasty options and service was great. There was a Portuguese lady that was incredible with us during breakfast.
As mentioned, the hotel is in the same location of a shopping mall, what is convenient for a late dinner, of even shopping itself. Besides that there is a water park in the same location and Holiday Inn provides free access. This is an incredible plus for families. My son loved it, even if we spent just one hour there daily.
This is an obvious best choice if you don't need to stay "downtown".

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Bern, Leiter Front Office at Holiday Inn Bern Westside, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear NapsRJ

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Bern Westside.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Céline Morgenegg
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2019

It’s been years since I last stayed at a Holiday Inn. Rooms very modern up to date and clean. Everything worked. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise, so all in all very happy with my stay. Appreciated the free travel card to get to the city center and back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Holiday_Inn_Bern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bern Westside, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Dear Departure68324735933

Thank you very much for this nice feedback. Times have changed! :-)
Hope to see you soon again here at our, or one of the countless Holiday Inn properties all over the world.

Best regards

Marcel Pernet

Reviewed March 4, 2019

Very nice hotel in an ideal location (near the motorway exit and in front of a tram & train station to go easily to the city centre).
Staff very friendly and professionnal, we can feel like home.
Good breakfast with a wide choice of products.

Date of stay: February 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Holiday_Inn_Bern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bern Westside, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear Carolet346

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Holiday Inn Bern Westside.
I am very happy that you were able to make you "feel at home." It`s the nicest words to express, that we did a great job.

I wish you a lovely rest of the week!
Best regards