“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Liestal
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I spent two days in Liestal for a business meeting and also a class reunion. Check in was very fast and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. I had a single room which was really comfortable. I liked the free welcome mineral water, enough space in the wardrobe and plenty of coat hangers. Although my room was on the main road it was very quiet. As I don't eat much breakfast I didn't mind the small choice. Bread, cheese and some cold cuts is what I like.
I sat on the terrace enjoying an ice cream and a drink with friends.
All the people working there were very friendly and efficient and on my last day check out was also fast.

Room Tip: The single rooms are very well located and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ausbiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

I agree with the former reviewers on this hotel. In my opinion, it was excellent not only from the comfortable and spacious room but the staff were very nice and accomodating from check-in to arranging taxis to check-out. Breakfast was included and good but thought the buffet choices could have been a little more varied. I didn't eat dinner there so I have no comment. The top floor room had a balcony with a nice view and was quiet. Perfect location and the decor I thought was cool. I had a great stay there and would definately recommend it to anyone visiting the area. This seems to be a very popular hotel, so I would suggest you book far enough in advance. You won't be disappointed at any level.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Traveler41574
Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

Rooms were modern, more or less new condition
Restaurant was good, not too expensive. Nearby town had lots of restaurants which were a bit cheaper.
Breakfast was unimaginative if you like English cooked stuff but excellent in all other respects.
Nice and quiet - hotel was full but I rarely heard anyone
Air con wasn't adjustable, which was a minor problem and it took a while to persuade them not to do up my bed with duvets sufficient for an arctic winter
Not cheap, but Switzerland isn't cheap, so no complaints about the price.
Laundry is expensive! (but I don't usually need to use this service so maybe it's as expensive elsewhere eg £5 per shirt)
For once they had no problems with putting own stuff in the fridge - I find it very annoying when hotels tell you you can't do that.
Wife joined me for final few days, had similar pleaseant experience. The shower in the double room was the type where you struggle not to soak the bathroom floor, but otherwise as good as the single one.
5 minutes walk from station - excellent service to Basel (15 minutes)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank StuartOrd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liestal
Hotel Bad Bubendorf
Courtyard Basel
#1 of 2 in Pratteln
Ibis budget Basel Pratteln
Hotel Spalentor Basel

Been to Engel Hotel Liestal? Share your experiences!