“Restaurant great; bar/club not so great” 4 of 5 stars

Atlantis
Ranked #105 of 570 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: European, Bar, Mediterranean, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Basel, Switzerland
“Restaurant great; bar/club not so great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I went to the bar/club a while back and hated it because of the smoke and false hype, but a friend convinced me to try the terrace restaurant and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was cozy and private but also lovely and bright on the terrace. The summer salad with entrecôte was delicious (maybe slightly more done than I prefer, but still tasty). A decent selection of wines even by the glass including Malbec (my fav). I would definitely recommend the terrace restaurant. Terrace restaurant very good-bar poor.

Visited July 2013

Mendham Township, New Jersey
“Excellent Fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Really enjoyed the ambience and the food at this place that I have often walked past in Basel
Nice fresh produce in a contemporary style
Fish was nicely presented (fillet of sea bass) with a lovely mushroom/truffle sauce.
Accompanied with a nice Sauvignon Blanc. Ended with a nice strawberry Tiramisu. Good value for money
Will return

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Naruto7860
Jerusalem, Israel
“Cool place in Basel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This restaurant serves elegant standard food. If you are looking for a great chef, this is not it. I must say that I enjoyed the seared tuna as much as I have enjoyed any course inthe last four months. It seems to be a locale for Basel's thirty somethings. We were seated outside on the roof garden. A very pleasant experience. Good price to value relation.

Visited August 2012
Reinach, Switzerland
“Good for afterwork dinner and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

There is a lovely roof-top terrace- book a table there if it isn't booked out to a corporate do. Food and drinks are good.

Visited April 2012
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Great service, good food and proper value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We (girlfriend & me) had a dinner here during our stay in Basel. Because of the nice weather, we could sit on the beautiful roof terrace and enjoy the lovely evening.

Food was good and certainly value for money, the service was great however.

Next time we're in Basel, we'll certainly come back here!

• 4 of 5 stars