“Great Vegan Choice”

Ranked #31 of 842 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Takeout
Description: tibits bietet ein reichhaltiges Buffet mit uber 40 leckeren und saisonal wechselnden vegetarischen und veganen Salaten, heissen Gerichten, Suppen, Sandwiches und Desserts an. Frisch und hausgemacht - fur alle, die gerne geniessen.--------tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty and seasonally changing vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This had an great choice of Vegan options with a quirky way to pay. You put your choices on your plate, as much or as little as you want, and then you weigh it at the end. My plate was about €16 and had plenty on. Between the two of us we had all the vegan options and both had a good meal.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loads of choices, great service and excellent location. Good fun trying new things. Take good care when taking the stairs up this is the only tricky part.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had breakfast in this vegetarian restaurant. You collect your food and it is costed by it’s weight not how many items you choose, seemed fair price for the excellent choice offered.
Great friendly staff especially if this is a first time visit and you don’t know the rules!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Place is visited by local swiss german families mostly, the place is noisy as kids are given free reign here so if you do not like children screaming and babies crying then this is not the place. The coffee could be better, as I found it weak and they use UHT milk, which can not be vegan and is certainly not in my books the basis of a vegan organic and bio restaurant. At times it was not possible to put food on the plate, as I had to wait by a stream of staff from the kitchen constantly coming out and stirring the bowls, even though they see you standing there, you have to wait for them to finish. There is a tendency which is over zealous in that this food chain of restaurants, fast food chain, clear away your food if one minute your back is turned, or you go inside and leave your tray unattended to, even if you have left something clearly on the chair to mark it, many times came back to find my food or coffee gone. If you dare mention this, you are frowned upon and looked at oddly, as clearly you are expected to simply buy it again. Unfortunately, this is not what I think should happen and when it happens regularly , one has to question the policy of this place and the agenda for doing this. In all the time that I visited this while I was there for 3 months, I hardly noticed any expats there or non German Swiss people and found it very unfriendly. I was told to be quiet the one day whilst talking on my mb , whiler her two kids ran around screaming so loudly I could not hear my call. The food is okay but again its nothing special and I am not sure how 100 percent vegan it can be.

Date of visit: April 2019
tibits_restaurants, tibits Team at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear DH v

Many thanks for the time you took to write us reviews for our restaurants in Basel, Zurich and London. Sadly, we couldn't convince you with our hospitality and our concept

We are a fully vegetarian restaurant, which is why we also serve organic and demeter quality milk from cows, as well as organic soy-almond, oat and lactose free milk in all our restaurants in Switzerland. Also, our team is happy to offer you a new drink if they took yours by accident, which unfortunantly can happen, if our restaurant is very busy.

Everybody is most welcome to our restaurants, families, couples, singles, childern and business people an we do our best to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible, which can be quite a challenge sometimes. You can always ask our team to work in the upper floor, where we do have a lot of more quite areas to work in a more relaxed atmosphere.

We hope, that we could give you some insights and would love to welcome you soon again.

Warmest regards
your tibits team

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

A visit to Basel isn’t complete for us without eating at Tibits. I’d looked forward to eating outside but it was too hot - but there are lots of tables to the side of the restaurant that look very inviting. We went after the lunch hour, missing the crowds of our last visit. Yay. Lots of cold choices - my favorites included a vegan beef tartare, lentil salad, and a vegan egg salad. Hot dishes included several fried foods, which I usually avoid, but these were great. No charge for roll or tap water. Food is weighed at the end. Our plates ranged from 14 to 20 Swiss francs forgery tasty filling meals. Too full to get dessert.

Date of visit: June 2019
tibits_restaurants, tibits Team at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear Loretta V

A huge thank you for your great review and your recent visits. How nice that you felt at home in our restaurant and loved our vegan egg salad as much as we do. By the way: it's made with tofu and Kala Namak, also known as black salt.

We hope to soon welcome you again.

Warmest regards