“Changed, but not to the better! ”
Review of tibits

tibits
Ranked #29 of 760 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Description: tibits bietet ein reichhaltiges Buffet mit uber 40 leckeren und saisonal wechselnden vegetarischen und veganen Salaten, heissen Gerichten, Suppen, Sandwiches und Desserts an. Frisch und hausgemacht - fur alle, die gerne geniessen.--------tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty and seasonally changing vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

I've been a fan for years but something has changed lately. All my "basics" like Samosas and carrot-horseradish mousse haven't been available the past 5 times I have went.
Also, there was no communication possible today due the staff clearing the dishes next to the tables in a rather aggressive, loud manner. Couldn't hear a word of what my partner said. What a shame I have to remove this restaurant which used to be my #1 from my list of places to go to!

Tibits T, tibits team at tibits, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Dear <A N>

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, we really do appreciate the time you took to write us a Review on Trip Advisor as well. We are sorry that your last tibits experience wasn't as you expected it to be and we do like to apologize for that.

The samosas are a tibits classic and are still on our buffet, so unfortunatly you always missed them. They are on the buffet today and will be on there as well on the 21., 23. and 26. od decembre.
On the other side the horderadish mousse isn't in our buffet selection right now. We always change our food boat to offer seasonal dishes and create new recipes. Did you already try the Burakami Horseradish Paté? Maybe you like it as much as the carrot-horseradish one

We already passed on your feedback to our team in Basel and they will discuss it during their next team meeting.

Now we really hope that you will give us a second chance to convince you not only with our hospitality, but with our selecetion of dishes as well.

Warmest regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Tibits it's always a wonderful place where to have an healthy meal. The place is also well done from an architectural point of view which enjoy the eyes too.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Tibits was a nice surprise.
Whren you hear it is"buffet" it is usually not really fresh and good. Tibits is different. Nice concept, very very good food!

Tibits T, tibits Team at tibits, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear <die_lala>

Many thanks for your nice words. We are really happy to hear that we could convince you with the freshness of our dishes and the wide variety of our food boat.

We are looking forward to soon welcome you again.

your tibits Team

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

I have been walking by this place during our stay here and as my family doesn't eat veggies like I do, they walked in here with me to check it out. The food bar looked great, though not all set up even 45 minutes after opened. We ordered a smoothie for my little sons and waited on the stools by the window (not even taking up any of the tables ) for the restaurant next door to open in 10 minutes so they could go eat a proper hot breakfast with eggs and I could stay at Tibits. No sooner had we opened the mango bottle that someone very politely came over and told us we could not stay because the mango smoothie was a togo item and not expensive enough to stay. With two little ones in tow, we ushered ourselves out into the rain and Union Diner let us in 10 minutes early. I guess I will just have pancakes over here then. In all our many years living in Europe, NEVER has a restaurant kicked us out with kids after we purchased an item from them. The restaurant had ONE customer in it at the time. I am looking over there now and no one has entered since we left 20 minutes ago. Stupid.

Dear <pangest>

Thank you very much for your recent visit in our tibits in Basel and your Review on here as well.

We feel sorry that your tibits experience wasn't as you expected it to be, and that you couldn't start your day with a balanced tibits meal.

Like we already explained to you on Google, we start filling up our buffet around lunch time with all the hot dishes, because everything is prepared freshly in the morning.
As for the Take away smoothie we just have to follow the law, because there is a different VAT on the Take Away itmes. This doesn't allow us to serve Take Away itmes in the restaurant.

We completly do understand your disappointment and hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you with our delicious food.

your tibits team

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I love pretty much everything about Tibits: the food, decoration, ambiance, special drinks and coffee. Tibits manages to make everything special by including a special taste or ingredient.

Dear <LoveIStanbul365>

What a nice compliment! We feel honoured that we are always able to surprise your taste buds over and over again.

We are happy to hopefully soon welcome you again.

your tibits Team