“Perfect location and delicious food!”

Restaurant Atelier im Teufelhof
Ranked #3 of 681 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: European, Swiss, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Description: The restaurant Atelier underlines the art and gallery orientation of the cultural guesthouse «Der Teufelhof Basel». Being the French word for an artist’s workshop, an atelier is the workplace of a creative person. Our guests staying in the restaurant Atelier experience a glimpse behind the scenes of daily life in kitchen and service. Our offer comprises state-of-art global cuisine, mainly with Swiss and regional products which we purchase from suppliers and producers who we know personally. The emphasis is placed on manual skills - everything we offer is «handmade».
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This restaurant is one of our favorites. It is a little bit expensive but you get a really high quality of food, good portions, nice service and we discover every time something new on the menu. If you have a special event or romantic dinner, the atelier of Teufelhof is exactly the right thing for you.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Atelier im Teufelhof

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Second visit to this wonderful restaurant and everything was great. It was busy with several large parties but the noise levels were fine and the service was perfect. Food was piping hot and everything was extremely delicious. We went with teens who loved it but not sure if it was suit younger children.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Food was simply great. All tasted excellent - bread, soup and main course duck.
The menu choices are rather limited, and all quite special, so I wouldn't recommend you to go with someone who has a lot of "I can't eat" ingredients.

It's sophisticated and down to earth setup,
I would come back again if I have chance.

The service at the table was good, but only one disappointment was that once you paid, you were basically forgotten. (I had to search around for the jackets that we gave in)

1  Thank cake_0
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a very cool cultural center blended with a restaurant and hotel. I came for a client meeting and had lunch and drinks. The facility shares its building with a theater and an art gallery (indoor and outdoor). Very cool. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was fantastic. The hotel is a bit of a labyrinth. The desk clerk has to escort me to my meeting which was up two separate spiral staircases, across two courtyards and hidden behind an upstairs kitchen. Glad she was with me.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

thumbs up! Personal is very friendly, the food selection is good, I had a filet that melted on my tongue, you dont have to walk somewhere else to taste great food.