All reviews across the bridge quiet area english channels the ground floor old town free wifi comfortable room short stay the river good size air conditioning recommend this hotel excellent location elevator noise conference tram
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Nice place, great location, very comfortable bed. Pizza place on ground floor was a big plus as we arrived late at night and hungry. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families with older children.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2017

The hotel is very well situated, close to the old town and the city centre. The room was clean and cosy and the personnel very helpful! I fully recommentd this establishment for a short (or longer stay) in Basel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2017

This is the only one I have stay in in Basle so I have no comparison. I like its simplicity and friendliness of staff. The role was modest but I needed no more so I cannot complain. For the money it was fine and everything worked and was clean. There is a good restaurant on site. I dined there and the food was excellent. The number of local people dining there suggests too it is well regarded. Location wise it was very convenient for me. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2017

We only stayed one night on the way from Lucerne to Berlin. We had a very spacious double room in a sought-of attic location in the hotel. The room was very clean and the beds (two singles butted together) were comfortable, but had to be cautious of the low ceiling in parts of the room. Good free wifi, and plenty of power sockets (Swiss only) for charginging devices. The staff were extremely helpful and apologetic that our room wasn't ready - even though we arrived mid-morning. A delicious and filling breakfast was also included. The central location is ideal for catching a tram direct to both the German and French connecting train stations.

Room Tip: Power sockets in our room weren't suitable for European style plugs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days for a conference and some sightseeing. I do not speak German so it's a little easy for me to get lost and the staff were always helpful with my questions and requests. The rooms are very spacious and I appreciate that there's a fan (which I did not need, with the open window). They are also generous with replenishing bath supplies and towels which is a plus.
Overall great stay and the wonderful hotel staff is an asset!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo