“Fresh and tasty” 5 of 5 bubbles

SaiGon Moon
Ranked #104 of 635 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Surprisingly good Asian for Basel, well done really. I had a perfectly delicious meal here. I would recommend this for sure since you probably won't find better Asian than this here. I had the last appetizer on the menu and the beef pho.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank boshann

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Great Vietnamese food in a quaint setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal ... Shared two appetizers (spring roll varieties) and a beef salad. Very flavorful and delicious. The restaurant is very quaint and a bit small. The hostess and waitress were very kind and helpful but no English is spoken there ... So be ready. I'll definitely return. Great meal!

Basel, Switzerland
“Great Vietnamese in Basel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Met a friend here for lunch. Didn't have the chance to try the luncheon buffet which looked to be a good deal. Instead had a big bowl of traditional noodle soup with fresh herbs, beef strips, noodles and delicious broth. Service was friendly.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 1happywanderer2014
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Finally - I have my favourite Basel lunch and dinner destinations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been working in Basel for 7 months off and on. I have really struggled to find restaurants that I want to bring my family to or talk about. Now I have two in Basel proper (See prior Wasabi revue)

Overall - Saigon Moon is authentic Vietnamese at a reasonable price (for Switzerland!) with fast service, a happy regular client base and a buzz. Go.

Food - I have been to Vietnam and did a cooking course there. This food is both just like in Vietnam, but also the selection is substantially wider than I would expect. I found it hard to choose, so will have to go back to try the Pho when I have more space.

Service - Fast, fast, fast. I was by myself after a long working day...so really appreciated that. The big table opposite seemed to be having a fun banquet together without being rushed. Every time I looked up the staff acknowledged me quickly.

Location - a little out of town to the North-East, but, having changed hotel and now knowing where it is it's not hard to get to at all. Number 30 bus from the SBB gets you to within 8 minutes.

• Visited March 2014
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
“Favorite Asian restaurant in Basel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have had several family Sunday dinners here. The food has always been excellent, making this place a great find in Basel for Asian food. Super nice service. Easy to get to, just off the 1 Tram line.

• Visited March 2014