“Authentic Vietnamese food with great service”
Review of SaiGon Moon

SaiGon Moon
Ranked #94 of 711 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Coming from a Vietnamese family, I'm a pretty harsh judge of Vietnamese cuisine that isn't made by my mum.I also live in London, which has its fair share of pretender Vietnamese restaurants so I was mega impressed when it came to Saigon Moon.

I would completely bypass all the Chinese type dishes and skip straight to the actual Vietnamese dishes (ask the staff if you're not sure - they're really nice). My husband and I shared banh cuon as a starter, I had pho bo and he had hu tieu xao. Everything was lovely but the real star of the night was the pho which was the freshest and most flavoursome I've ever tasted. It got passed back and forth between the two of us because it was so delicious. Definitely worth a trip

4  Thank tpte

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This place is absolutely divine. I had the best food I have eaten in Basel here and one of the best Thai or Vietnamese meals I have had all over the place.

We had a lovely starter of prawns with various accompaniments that were to be eaten in pepper leaves which were wonderful and then a red curry and also some lovely wok fried chicken.

It is excellent value for money, and our server Tabitha was brilliant.

Will have to come back here. I recommend it to any foodies and people who are in Basel missing some authentic Asian food.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Anyone ever been to Asia shouldn't eat here. Sure, the service was great, but the food dull and uninspired. Maybe what Swiss people think, Asian food should taste like...

For the love of god, there are several Asian restaurants in and around Basel, but most of them serve the same bland food. Where is the taste of Asia?

1  Thank Alanisette
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Everything we ordered, from the Goi Hai San salad, homemade spring rolls, Bun bo xao sa ot beef noodle, Vit Peking (wok-fried duck) to the fried bananas, was tasty and refreshingly different from the 'usual Thai and Chinese' in Basel. In addition, best value for money you get in Basel and very friendly service. Location could be better.

2  Thank Of_Simple_Tastes
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Probably eat here 3 or 4 times a month and that says how much we enjoy it. Food is generally good, service excellent and pretty good value for Basel.

2  Thank J0nG