1. Depending on the season and what show is at the convention (messeplatz) the price can vary, but is reasonable for all you get
2. Modern rooms,floor to ceiling windows with great views of the city. Nice bathrooms
3. Free Internet that is hi-speed.
4. Toblerone on your pillows
5. They have a free spa with sauna and steam; lounge area; slippers,bathrobes, towels and lockers. It is co-ed, so don't be surprised to see the opposite sex there
6. Key locked elevators. You wave you key over a pad and enter floor to summon an elevator. I don't worry about my computers in my room when I am not there
7. Little known fact: Free Mobility pass that can be used even before you get to the hotel. You can ride any tram in Basel for free as long as you have a print out of your reservation before you check in. The pass then allows you free tram or bus rides in Basel city during your stay. Very convenient.
8. Tram 2 and 6 stops right in front of the hotel for drop off (gewerbeshule)and about 80
yards to catch a tram (messeplatz) into the heart of Basel city
The not so good...
1. Breakfast is pricey as others have mentioned, 29 CHF. Food is expensive in Basel and in Switzerland as a whole. There is a Migros food store in Claraplatz (2 tram stops) where you can get prepared food, breakfast pastries, fresh bread. Etc. There is also a Starbucks in Claraplatz but a grande cafe americano will cost $6 US.
2. fitness facility is below par....1 treadmill a couple of ellipticals, rowing machine, stationary bike. A small set of light dumbbells. Not impressive or useful. Use of a full service gym such as Migros Fitness Park will cost 35CHF....not cheap
3. No pool
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyperion Hotel Basel, the highest habitable building in Basel, is located directly next to the fair & exhibition site. Situated in the center of the city, close to Basel's Old Town and just 300 metres from Badischer Bahnhof (train station on the German border), the hotel is an ideal starting point for sightseeing and excursions. The 224 modern rooms in the categories comfort, deluxe, executive and suite all have free Wi-Fi Internet, a desk, mini fridge, safe with a charger plug socket, cable TV, telephone, hairdryer and bathrooms with sophisticated lighting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hyperion Hotel Basel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Basel Hotel Basel
- Ramada Basel
- Basel Ramada