“A First Class Hotel”

Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Basel
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Recently spent 3 days in Basel. The Hotel is wonderful. From the front desk to the wait staff all were very good. I would recommend this hotel for sure. My room was very nicely designed. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
lestroisrois, Manager at Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear guest

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to evaluate your stay at the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois.

We are very pleased that you liked the hotel, our service, your room and the breakfast. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you felt comfortable and that you will recommend our house.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights post cruise and couldn't be happier. All the staff are very professional, courteous and willing to go that extra mile to help out with an
y requests. We had the river view room. It's large, comfortable and quiet. Highly recommend.

Dear guest

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay post to your river cruise.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our professional staff and your large and quiet room overlooking the river.

We would really appreciate to welcoming you back in the near future to the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois.

Warmest regards

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our experience at this First Class hotel was wonderful. It was all I expected and more! Our room faced the river and it was breathtaking. There was nothing missing in the room..Bose music system, big screen TV, marble bathroom, turndown service and even a free mini bar. The breakfast was both beautiful to see but all foods were fresh and the staff was friendly and made sure we were well feed. It is definitely worth the price to treat yourself to this special hotel!

Room Tip: One overlooking the river...treat yourself. If you can, do a terrace too!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest

Many thanks for your evaluation on TripAdvisor and your precious time.

We are really happy that you had a wonderful experience during your last stay and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Moreover, we appreciate to read that you were very satisfied with our room equipment, the fresh food and our service at breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is an amazingly posh hotel. The people and service are quite nice for a European hotel. The rooms are anywhere from jr suites to larger suites on the Rhein river. It's elegant and classy!
The buffet breakfast is quite good as well.
Location on the river and by the tram stops makes getting to wherever you need to go easy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
lestroisrois, Manager at Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your experience and this positive description on TripAdvisor.

We thank you very much for your wonderful words and the great review about your visit at the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois.

It is a great pleasure for us to read that you appreciated our elegant and classy rooms, the breakfast buffet and the central position of the house.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon and wish you in the meantime the very best.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was there in Aug 2013 and this was my third time staying in this hotel. Beautiful view and you can sit in the balcony and enjoy the view and the Rhine river. Service is excellent and food is good. For breakfast you can ask for poached eggs and they bring it on a toast and is delicious. Service at the concierge is excellent and they go out of their way to help you and make you feel special. I had bought a ceramic canister set and needed a box to pack it. They found the perfect box an d packed it for me in five minutes. They have two big windows towards the corridor from the kitchen and you can see them cooking which I thought was cool. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get. Room on the top floor with Rhine river view and you will sleep well with the water waves.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Madam

Thank you for having taken the time to evaluate your stay at the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you felt comfortable again and that you enjoyed your time here in Basel.

We are pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with our concierge service and that you liked the view overlooking the Rhein and the poached eggs at breakfast.

We do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, the concierge took my suitcase into reception for me, I then checked in and was given a massive single red rose and was accompanied to my room by a very nice receptionist. My bag had somehow magically appeared in my room before me and waiting on the pillow was a gift bag of small chocolate, on the table a selection of fruit and on the desk 3 fresh cakes.

My room didnt have a balcony but was still lovely with opulent wallpaper and top of the range entertainment equipment. The bathroom was a lovely dark wood with marble (heated i think) tiles and a huge bath. The toilet was in a separate room.

Unfortunately because the hotel faces onto a busy road I did wake up to some roadwork noise which was disappointing but only a small detail.

Breakfast on the water was such a nice way to wake up - the weather wasn't great but I sat under a canopy and was still able to enjoy the view and the fresh air.

There was so much of this hotel that I didn't get the chance to see as I was working but I dont doubt there is anything negative to say. My only advice if you are thinking about booking would be to request a rear facing room (one with a balcony is ideal) so you can take advantage of the view of the river.

Room Tip: ask for rear facing - they are quieter and have a better view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KJSuth

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive feedback concerning your stay at the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois.

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your answer with all our staff members as we strive to fulfil all our guests expectations and convince them of our services.

We appreciate that you took pleasure in the lovely room with entertainment features, the marbles bathroom and the breakfast on the terrace.

For your comment concerning the situation next to a busy road, we would recommend to book the next time a room to the river side - these are very quiet and provide a great view overlooking the river.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois very soon – maybe for a longer stay to spend more leisure time with us. In the meantime we wish you the very best.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here by myself when I was in Basel for a conference. What a great hotel! It was historic and beautiful, with excellent service. Everyone was so nice. Breakfast was included and it was delicious. I stayed in a single room, and it was still quite spacious. I really appreciated the complimentary minibar. The shower was great and had excellent water pressure...a rare find in an old hotel!

While definitely not an inexpensive hotel, it was actually cheaper than the hotels recommended by the conference organizers (conference was at Congress Center Basel, which was about a 10-15 minute walk). I paid a little extra for the riverview single room, which was really nice because it was right on the river and even had a nice little balcony.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank starryrach

Dear Madam

Many thanks for having taken the time to evaluate your stay at the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you felt comfortable in our hotel and that you enjoyed your time here in Basel. We are pleased that you preferred and have chosen our house over other recommended hotels.

We are very happy to read that you could enjoy your stay in a spacious single room with river view. All our rates include the free minibar as well as our rich breakfast buffet.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois very soon. In the meantime we wish you all the very best.