Whenever I travel to Switzerland I stay at the Swissotel in Basel. It is conveniently located to my office have been staying there for the past 4 years. There is a definite difference staying on the executive floor rather than the others. I have stayed on both and there are benefits of the 5th and 6th that just don't compare. The rooms are nicer and comfortable. I have never had an issue with the internet (very important to me) connection. Room service is always on time and my every need/request taken care of promptly. It's quite nice that they recognize me by name and a "Welcome back". Laundry service is a bit too pricey but your clothes smell and look wonderful. The restaurant is average. Spa services are decent but, not what you would expect from a 5 star. The best feature of all?? The in room Lavazza machines!!! I look forward to my espresso in the mornings as I am getting ready to head to the office.
All in all, it's the only place I would stay in when I travel to Basel for work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basel is not only a Swiss City with a big heart, with a smile on their face people from Basel proudly declare it a major city in pocket size format and they are right. The city by the Rhine offers everything you could wish for in a city trip. Culture and Business go hand in hand and only the sky is the limit. The same holds true should you decide to stay at the Swissotel Basel. No matter if you are traveling to the border triangle, the old town, the Rhine, the musical theatre or to other numerous sightseeing spots in Basel, all of which are in walking distance. Centrally located you will not only enjoy our elegant guest rooms but also real Swiss hospitality. Swissotel Basel provides 238 spacious rooms and suites with satellite LCD TV. Start your day right with a sumptuous breakfast at our Grill 25 restaurant or room service, make use of the complimentary newspaper, free wifi, complimentary use of our Puerovel Sport with a sauna and a steam room. Our concierge team would be delighted to assist in planning a day trip or assist in getting tickets to numerous Events and shows. Additionally our gusts truly value our pillow menu in the guestrooms as well as the espresso machine. Should you feel the need to discover even more of Basel and its surroundings, you can make use of your complimentary mobility ticket, which is provided to you for the duration of your stay to use the public transportation system, even for the day of your arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Le Plaza Basel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Le Plaza Basel Hotel Basel
- Swissotel Le Plaza Hotel Basel
- Basel Swissotel Le Plaza