My mom and I stayed there for 2 nights and it was a pleasure. It's located very close to the train station. Once outside the train station, you can find the tramcar and it takes you right in front of the hotel so there's absolutely no hassle whatsoever for locating the place. Moreover the tramcars stops right in front of the hotel so you need not wait long hours for a transport to arrive. Just sit in the lobby, notice the tramcar approaching and you simply walk out to reach the thing.
The staff were really hospitable and the place had its own magnificence. We were provided with a pass for the local public transports and we could roam all around Basel and it was a very good option too.
The rooms were absolutely clean and very comfortable to stay in. Everything was in pristine condition. The breakfast was excellent with a variety of bakery items and the fact that you can order egg (in any way you prefer) is another option to appreciate.
If I ever go back to Basel for another trip, I'm definitely staying at the Swissotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basel is not only a Swiss City with a big heart, with a smile on their face people from Basel proudly declare it a major city in pocket size format and they are right. The city by the Rhine offers everything you could wish for in a city trip. Culture and Business go hand in hand and only the sky is the limit. The same holds true should you decide to stay at the Swissotel Basel. No matter if you are traveling to the border triangle, the old town, the Rhine, the musical theatre or to other numerous sightseeing spots in Basel, all of which are in walking distance. Centrally located you will not only enjoy our elegant guest rooms but also real Swiss hospitality. Swissotel Basel provides 238 spacious rooms and suites with satellite LCD TV. Start your day right with a sumptuous breakfast at our Grill 25 restaurant or room service, make use of the complimentary newspaper, free wifi, complimentary use of our Puerovel Sport with a sauna and a steam room. Our concierge team would be delighted to assist in planning a day trip or assist in getting tickets to numerous Events and shows. Additionally our gusts truly value our pillow menu in the guestrooms as well as the espresso machine. Should you feel the need to discover even more of Basel and its surroundings, you can make use of your complimentary mobility ticket, which is provided to you for the duration of your stay to use the public transportation system, even for the day of your arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Le Plaza Basel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Le Plaza Basel Hotel Basel
- Swissotel Le Plaza Hotel Basel
- Basel Swissotel Le Plaza