Swissotel Le Plaza Basel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$133
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Airport Hotel Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
$117
Hotel Spalentor Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Breakfast included
$101
$96
  • Bar/Lounge
Dorint An der Messe Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
$117
  • Pool
$167
$156
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerbusiness hotelthe congresspillow menuroom servicetram stopnice hotelold townhotel is locatedthe hotel staffperfect stayacross the riverbreakfast buffetriver cruiseenjoyed my stayroom was largebusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wonderful staff make up for the less than "warm" feel of this hotel. Overall, very clean and efficient. Rooms (I was in Jr Suite) large and comfortable and clean. Coffee maker in room exceptional as was the warming bar for towels in bathroom. Fitness center adequate although as a runner, treadmills need to face outward to avoid staring at blank walls, Need more treadmills as well in winter months. Restaurant adequate and breakfast buffet on par with other hotels in same class. Will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Swissotel_Le_Plaza, Manager at Swissotel Le Plaza Basel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Neil G

Many thanks for having taken the time to evaluate your stay at the Swissôtel Le Plaza Basel.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that overall you felt comfortable in our hotel and that you enjoyed your time here in Basel.

We have shared your feedback with all our staff members as we strive to exceed all our guests expectations and to always provide the best service possible.

Hopefully we can welcome you again as our guest in the future.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely hotel. Very quiet. Easy access to public transportation. Also very walkable location. Very clean, comfortable, and spacious room. Not sure if it's noted or not, but when I booked my room, it said that wifi was 29 francs/day. Turns out wifi was free. :)

Dear Kim

What else can I say about your rating than a BIG THANK YOU! I am happy that you felt comfortable and that we provided all the services and treatments you needed.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Swissôtel Basel very soon. In the meantime we wish you all the very best and Merry Christmas.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while attending a conference. Reception on arrival was fine. Helpful concierge and reception staff. Room was fine. Breakfasts and lunch were of high quality (and high Swiss prices). Check-out fast and accurate.So a good Swiss hotel experience.
But therein lies the dichotomy. The hotel prides itself on "service beyond expectation" and it fails to deliver on the small details: the power outlets by the desk did not work. The Minibar was never replenished. Laundry (SFR15 for a shirt!!) was to be returned folded but was delivered on a hanger. There was no turndown service and the acclaimed chocolate and bottle of water mentioned in other reviews were nowhere to be seen.
So it was good.... but not that good to be "beyond expectations".

1  Thank PRH111

Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen our hotel and for taking the time to write a survey on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay together with your comments for improvement.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to ensure that your next visit will be a positive and pleasant one.

Our whole team is looking forward welcoming you again at Swissôtel.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was at Swissotel for a business conference. The hotel staff was extremely attentive and made the experience above average. They were very welcoming and patient and answered all of our questions. When I experienced issues with my outlet adapted they were very helpful, provided a spare, and helped direct me to a store to purchase a new one. The restaurant and lobby bar staff were freindly and remembered our names (there were about 40 people). I would stay here again.

1  Thank Laura M

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had a recent trip and stayed at the Swissotel Le Plaza for a business trip for 7 nights. It was a very nice, clean hotel located at the Messeplatz area. A quick walk across the street allows you to access the tram sytem in order to reach other parts of the city. The bed was very comfy and the sheets were great! I loved the nightly turn down service where I received a Lindt chocolate on my pillow along with the bottle of water. For the coffee/tea lovers, there is a very nice machine located in the room. Nice other amenties included in the room was the bedroom slippers along with bath robe!

The staff was great and accomodating for any questions or requests that I had. I would most definitely return here for company business trip or just a visit to Basel.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Swissotel_Le_Plaza, Geschäftsführer at Swissotel Le Plaza Basel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Lauren S

What else can I say about your rating than a BIG THANK YOU!

We are delighted that you felt comfortable and that we provided all the services and treatments you needed.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Swissôtel Basel. In the meantime we wish you all the very best.