Swissotel Le Plaza Basel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerbusiness hotelthe congresspillow menuroom servicetram stopnice hotelold townhotel is locatedthe hotel staffperfect stayacross the riverbreakfast buffetriver cruiseenjoyed my stayroom was largebusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was the first hotel I stayed in Basel when I first came to this city 20 years ago. The hotel maintains its excellent in services. Rooms had been renovated to keep its modern and comfortable. The location is superb and no beatable, many trams surrounding and you can go just any where in the city. From train station SBB take tram No.1 or 2 which will go directly to hotel, very convenience. Mobility pass provided by hotel made life more easy, I went on and off in many lines without paying anything.
Breakfast has good selection of foods (but after 5 days, it will always be the same).
Some down things I experienced was bathroom amity and bed arrangement.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste were not provided, neither it was not filled in during my two last days.
- I request double bed which in general I expected to get one single big bed. I was wrong. I got two single beds combining. So each night I kept fallen into the trap between these two beds.

Nevertheless, I will choose this hotel again in my next trip.

Room Tip: Room 208 facing front of hotel and may be a bit noisy with tram's bell.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Swissotel_Le_Plaza, Geschäftsführer at Swissotel Le Plaza Basel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for this excellent review which will be shared with all of our colleagues.

Thank you also for the great breakfast suggestion. We will work on a plan to implement this. Toothbrush and toothpaste are available on request but not as standard room amenity. Please let us know upon your next check in that you require this amenity and we will be delighted to have it delivered immediately. We are also working on a way to make Kingsize beds out of our Twins without the gab in the middle.

Again many thanks! We have to see you at Swissôtel Basel very soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is directly across from major convention center while only a an easy 15 minute walk from downtown. Staff was super helpful. Free Coffee & tea in lobby all day, plus coffee makers in room as well as on each floor. Rooms are clean and bright but fairly basic. Workout room was great. Nice size & modern equipment. I would recommend hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback.

We shared your answers with all our staff members as we strive to exceed all guests expectations and to always provide the best possible service.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again to the Swissôtel Basel. In the meantime we wish you all the very best.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Perfect location in town (except maybe during the Morgestraich ;-)
The rooms are large and well equipped.
The staff is discreet and very pleasant
The +: several types of pillows are available on request ... perfect when you have back problems!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor feedback.

We are delighted about your positive comments regarding our guest rooms, the location, the pillows and our staff. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel.

Again, thank you very much! We look forward to welcoming you again in Basel.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been in this hotel for work and I have to say that is one of the best solution in term of service and accommodation for business trip in Basel.
The people at the reception are really welcoming and nice in trying to do their best to guarantee a good stay in the hotel.
I was in a room at fifth floor, the furniture are new, chic and clean.
Wifi works well in the room and is included in room fee.
Breakfast is vary and good but it is not included in room fee. Continental breakfast cost 9,9 Swiss franc

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are delighted about your friendly words regarding our staff, your room and our breakfast. We have shared your feedback with the entire team, who wanted to pass on their gratitude.

Thank you very much for your visit. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

From check in to check out the staff were helpful and courteous.
Our room was well appointed and the linen high quality and bed comfortable.
Full breakfast was very high standard with extensive buffet.
By joining the swissotel rewards programme we had free wifi on all devises.
Small friendly bar and large lounge with all day refreshments

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swissotel_Le_Plaza, Executive Assistant & Business Excellence Coordinator at Swissotel Le Plaza Basel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!