This was the first hotel I stayed in Basel when I first came to this city 20 years ago. The hotel maintains its excellent in services. Rooms had been renovated to keep its modern and comfortable. The location is superb and no beatable, many trams surrounding and you can go just any where in the city. From train station SBB take tram No.1 or 2 which will go directly to hotel, very convenience. Mobility pass provided by hotel made life more easy, I went on and off in many lines without paying anything.
Breakfast has good selection of foods (but after 5 days, it will always be the same).
Some down things I experienced was bathroom amity and bed arrangement.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste were not provided, neither it was not filled in during my two last days.
- I request double bed which in general I expected to get one single big bed. I was wrong. I got two single beds combining. So each night I kept fallen into the trap between these two beds.
Nevertheless, I will choose this hotel again in my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basel is not only a Swiss City with a big heart, with a smile on their face people from Basel proudly declare it a major city in pocket size format and they are right. The city by the Rhine offers everything you could wish for in a city trip. Culture and Business go hand in hand and only the sky is the limit. The same holds true should you decide to stay at the Swissotel Basel. No matter if you are traveling to the border triangle, the old town, the Rhine, the musical theatre or to other numerous sightseeing spots in Basel, all of which are in walking distance. Centrally located you will not only enjoy our elegant guest rooms but also real Swiss hospitality. Swissotel Basel provides 238 spacious rooms and suites with satellite LCD TV. Start your day right with a sumptuous breakfast at our Grill 25 restaurant or room service, make use of the complimentary newspaper, free wifi, complimentary use of our Puerovel Sport with a sauna and a steam room. Our concierge team would be delighted to assist in planning a day trip or assist in getting tickets to numerous Events and shows. Additionally our gusts truly value our pillow menu in the guestrooms as well as the espresso machine. Should you feel the need to discover even more of Basel and its surroundings, you can make use of your complimentary mobility ticket, which is provided to you for the duration of your stay to use the public transportation system, even for the day of your arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Swissotel Le Plaza Basel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Le Plaza Basel Hotel Basel
- Swissotel Le Plaza Hotel Basel
- Basel Swissotel Le Plaza