GAIA Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$133
Pullman
$167
$156
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Airport Hotel Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
$128
$117
Hotel Spalentor Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
$135
$127
  • Bar/Lounge
Aparthotel Adagio Basel City(Basel)(Great Value!)
$100
$137
$134
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Dorint An der Messe Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
$117
$1,045
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,033 results
All reviewstrain stationstained glass windowsfree mini barbeautiful dining roombreakfast roomexcellent breakfastexcellent locationconvenient locationnice hotelbusiness tripmain stationrooms are comfortabletram noisewould definitely stay here againbasel sbbvisit baselpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I stay in Basel, and I do quite a lot - the St Gotthard is my 2nd home, the staff are always welcoming and happy to see me back - they are currently refurbishing some of the rooms, so I look forward to see the new designs.
There is a superb buffet breakfast in the mornings which sets me up for the day.
They do not cater in the evenings and there is no bar, but the mini bar in the room is free and you only have to have a walk around Basel town to find great places to eat and drink.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back, ok the view isn't great but there is less noise from the trams.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I like the parrot in the lobby, breakfast was good . it doesnt feel like a 4 star hotel. The service was good. The room adequate for a single but not great. The location is good - can walk to most of central Basel

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joules53
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stay here on business a few times a year and it is a stunning hotel. The lobby is full of beautiful art and sculptures - and I love the cockatiels in a cage at the back of the lobby. It's an interesting place to wander around.

The staff are always welcoming and very nice.

The rooms are clean and functional, but small and hot and I always get a single bed. Plus I find the street noise very instrusive, even when I'm at the side or back of the hotel.

The contents of the mini bar are complimentary and the restaurant is a stunning room. The buffet breakfast is also good and the service excellent.

In all, a good hotel when I remember my earplugs.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nicnac37
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel a few times now and I cannot fault it! The staff are very friendly and the rooms are modern, comfortable and spacious. We received a free mini bar and complimentary chocolates or fruit depending on if you stay during certain holidays. The location is ideal as it is extremely central with the train station on your doorstep. I have stayed here for a hen do but also for a family break so it suits families, groups, couples or solo. I recommend spending a little extra for the suite rooms as it's nice to indulge with their rainforest shower, jacuzzi bath, walk in wardrobe and huge flat screen T.V. The bar is also very relaxing with a pianist playing on some nights. Overall a very pleasant stay each and every time!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

After a long train from Berlin via the sleeper train to Basel we were kind of rail- sick! We were so glad that the hotel was next to the central near to all the restaurants...the lovely staff provided us with an early checked in the morning so we could get some rest. She also offered to show us to our room and asked me if I had had a nice journey which was nice. We were also given two tram tickets and some helpful travel tips to the Christmas markets and sightseeings which proved to be valuable especially when we didn't have time to read any guide books. We had a fantastic time! After a long day we retired to our room and enjoyed the complimentary mini bar and made ourselves some hot drinks and relaxed.

We booked a twin room and breakfast, the room was cosy, nice and clean and nice bathroom too. The windows have shutters which helped to reduce the noise from outside. We did get a good sleep.
Breakfast was lovely at a beautiful church like historical environment. The food and service was lovely. Great selections. Checked out staff was lovely too.
Overall a lovely and well run family hotel which is so rare nowadays. Well done!

• Stayed: December 2012