Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Basel
1,695 results
All reviews elephant enclosure penguin walk monkey house sea lions snow leopard exotic animals great layout few hours worth a visit couple of hours great place to visit sunny day entrance fee city centre train station enclosures elephants
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The zoo has several new exhibits which are just stunning!!! The orangutan, penguin and gorillas are easily seen and they seem quite happy. Great maps, easy to follow, all in all a nice few hours spent here.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to about three dozen Zoos, Reptile Centers or Wildlife areas around Europe and North America. This to Me was a great Zoo. My reasons were that, besides the animals looking really well taken care of in large. Indoor/outdoor enclosures (it rained while I was there. I found it humorous to watch all the Elephants run for the inside enclosure section). There were babies everywhere, pigs, penguins, turtles, storks and many more. There were a lot of children there enjoying the Zoo. They must have a program for children there. Because I saw many young teens cleaning enclosures, spreading bedding and feeding some animals. There were aquariums and vivariums as well. It was a good experience. I spent about 4-5 hours here. But I could of easily spent all day. I would come back, if I found Myself in Basel again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Visited it more than once and every time it was surprising! very beautiful all year round and the animal population is growing every year. Lots of green areas and attractions (like the penguin walk - my favorite). I recommend it for people of all ages (the kids love it).

1  Thank oana_redinciuc
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We are spending the summer in Basel with our kids (ages 5 & 7) and we all love this zoo. We bought an annual pass because it's so nice to even just stop by for a few hours and visit some animals. The zoo has a lot of green areas and you feel like another animal is just around each corner. I'm not a huge fan of the restaurant but I'm American so maybe it's just not my type of food. My kids and I usually bring our own lunch or a snack. It's very easy to access right off the tram line too.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was genuinely surprised by the quality of this zoo. It is well laid out and highly walkable. There was a large and varied species population. Most of the animals have both an indoor and outdoor enclosure, so that the animals are generally active. Further, many of the large enclosures can be viewed 360 degree vantage points, so that the animals can always be seen.
There was also a very extensive aquarium portion of the facility with a lot of hands on displays for young children.

3  Thank Ron S