“Excellent run and learned so much about Basel”
Review of Basel Running Tours - CLOSED

Basel Running Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine exploring a city at your own pace, seeing the sights, discovering secrets usually only known to locals, while getting some exercise in. Basel Running Tours has designed a selection of accompanied tours to jog guests around the city, explaining the landmarks, the history and things to do. The guide runs at your speed with stops every five minutes at key points of interest. Contact us to find out what tours are available during your stay.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A colleague and I went for a run before a BIS conference with Austin, one of the guides. What a fantastic way to shake off the jet lag and learn something about the history and culture of Basel....
Can't recommend it enough....we did about 8-9K over the course of an hour. So interesting and enjoyable. I run about an 8 minute mile -- I think the guides can adjust to most paces.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked a last minute trip to Basel to visit a friend for a week, so had no time to learn anything about the city before I left. I booked the running tour a couple days before I left for my first morning there. Easy breezy process from their website. Received a reply in less than 12 hours, and all response communication from there on out was pretty immediate. Couldn't have been happier with the tour! I learned more from my guide, Austin, than I did from anyone in the Information Office by the train station. His knowledge of the history and architecture of Basel made for an informative and interesting tour through this beautiful city, with exercise to boot! An excellent way to help with jetlag, and give you the energy and knowledge you need to explore the city on your own. The Basel Highlights Tour literally takes you to every important/interesting landmark in the city. I highly recommend doing this, whether you are stay for a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

1  Thank Summer_Traveler78
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were in Basel for Art Basel and had little time to see the city so we scheduled a 1 hour tour at 7:45 am. It was me and a friend of mine. Not necessary to be an athlete to do this so long as you can jog lightly and have no injuries of course. You can go at your own pace and stop to see the buidings, drink and do stretching. It was a very pleasant hour and we were back perfectly on time to take a shower, have breakfast and then take off for the exhibitions. Our guide was Austin (former triathlete from the USA). We saw several parts of town that we wouod have not otherwise seen. I strongly recommend this if you want to be efficient or need a boost to start getting back in shape.

1  Thank wanderer7227
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic hour, a nice jog that our guide Austin paced perfectly. Great overview of the old town with a lot of history thrown in. Recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I highly recommend the running tour. I emailed the company for more information and they were very prompt at responding. It was very easy to reserve and corresponding with the company was simple. They are very flexible and willing to accommodate all ages and runners. We even walked at one point. Austin was our guide and he was very knowledgeable. He was able to tell us history that we would have missed if we didn't do the tour. Basel is a beautiful, peaceful city with a lot of history and the outstanding Rhine River. The trip would not have been the same without the running tour! Thank you so much!

3  Thank D M