“Hotel D in Basel, Switzerland”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel D - Basel

Hotel D - Basel
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Basel
Jerusalem, Israel
“Hotel D in Basel, Switzerland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed twice at this hotel. It is very well located in Basel near to the old city. It is a small hotel with excellent rooms and good service. It is as most Swiss Hotels very clean bad efficient. The hotel offers a free breakfast that is also very good with a reasonable choice of fresh foods.

The only problem with the hotel is that there is no real service or food in the evening. You are required in the evening to go out to eat and there are very few restaurants in this area open after 10 pm. If one plans for this deficiency, then it is a very good place to stay in Basel at reasonable prices for very expensive Switzerland.

Room Tip: All pretty consistent
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
julien_basel, General Manager at Hotel D - Basel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dearest Arthur,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the D on Tripadvisor.
We would like to thank you for choosing hotel D again on your second visit to Basel.

I am pleased to read that you have found our staff members friendly and efficient.

As you have truly mentioned, it is difficult to find restaurant serving food after 10 AM. However, this is not because of our location but it is true all over Switzerland.
On your next visit, please ask us for late opening restaurant. There are a couple of them close to the hotel.

Thank you again for your great comment that truly reflect our establishment.

Julien Baly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We enjoyed the ultra-modern hotel and the convenient location for walking the city and trams.
Breakfast was ample with an attentive attendant.
The room was clean and quiet.
The price of room and breakfast was expensive, but seems to be the norm for Switzerland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the D on Tripadvisor.
We were extremely happy to have you staying with us.

As you have experienced, we are always delighted to help out our valued guest. It is part of our commitment here at hotel D - Basel.

Thank you again for your great comment that truly reflect our establishment.

Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed in Hotel D 20-23rd Nov 2013 and love the team.

The rooms are very clean and tidy. The staffs there are very very helpful and kind.

I would highly recommend staying in this hotel to any tourists.

Dear Guest,

That you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Hotel D in Basel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a lovely stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction. We take pride in our service here at hotel D.

I will share your review with our staff. I am pleased that you found our staff helpful and kindness.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel D - Basel

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently I had been on a business trip for 9 days to Basel and stayed in the Hotel D. Since I am visiting Basel for the first time my preference for the accommodation was to have a hotel that is located close to my office and is located close to most of the city landmarks to explore during the weekends. I am glad I found Hotel D which fitted my requirements pretty well. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern and clean, but little less spacious. I was able to visit most of the landmarks like Marktzplatz, Munster cathedral, Spielzeug Welten Museum, St. Elizabeth cathedral and Museum Tinguely by walk. The hotel is well connected by both tram trains and bus. The free WIFI signal was strong. I could work from the hotel even after my office hours this was helpful. One suggestion it would be helpful if a special package deal is available for corporate visitors who could opt for a subsidized breakfast during room booking. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend my friends as well.

Dear Guest,

That you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Hotel D in Basel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction. We take pride in our service here at hotel D.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel D - Basel

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I come to Basel often for business and always stay at Hotel D. Last week I spent 3 nights at the hotel and the quality of stay was as good as the last.

The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport by bus and centrally located in Basel . There are two bus stops and two tram stops right outside the hotel, although the main attractions are walking distance!

As soon as i entered the modern building , I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who checked me in quickly at 11.30 am even though check in time was at 3 pm ! This is an example of how the staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

The room was spacious, clean and modern - and bed was very comfortable! The free wifi also has a strong signal. The sauna and fitness centre were also clean !

At check out, I was impressed that the owner of the hotel personally asked me about the quality of my stay, and I told him what I tell you, I will definately be back on my next trip to Basel!

1 Thank chris E
julien_basel, General Manager at Hotel D - Basel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dearest Chris,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor!
such review motivate us to do even more for our guests.

I am so pleased to read such a great review.
I will pass on your great comment to all of our team members.

Thank you again or taking the time to post this review.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I loved the modern clean decor of my room & lobby. Everything was exceptionally clean and well maintained. My room was on the small side, but the bed was perfect, the duvet & pillows heavenly. My room faced a side street that was quiet so I could sleep with the windows open. Great location - hardly needed my free transport pass - I walked everywhere from the hotel. Rhine was just across the street. Breakfast was simple, but good. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. People watching from the huge picture windows in the lobby was a great way to wait out the rain. Free wifi in room had a strong signal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nadofam
julien_basel, General Manager at Hotel D - Basel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Nado Family,

Thank you so much for your fantastic comment!
We are so pleased that you took the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community concerning the Hotel D in Basel, Switzerland.

We are glad that you have enjoyed our premium location right in the heart of Basel. As you have clearly mentioned, everything is walking distance from the hotel.

A big thank you also for your comments concerning our collaborators. We are pleased that you have found them helpful. We will share your comment with all our staff members.

Again, thank you!

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Basel,

Valencia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel D is situated in a modern building and our room had floor to ceiling windows - loved the detail! Also the room was spacious, since it was one of the corner rooms and bathed in natural light. Large bathroom as well, very stylish decorated and chic. The sauna was however our favorite place, while the fitness center seemed pretty cool too. Great breakfast and very modern atmosphere, not to mention close to everything - transportation, shops, attractions, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LauraAndCipri
julien_basel, General Manager at Hotel D - Basel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Laura & Capri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.

We will forward your comments on to senior management and to all our precious staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel D on your next trip to Basel, Switzerland.