“Gear Turkish food and child friendly”
Review of Marmaris

Marmaris
Ranked #607 of 760 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

We popped out for a late lunch and yet again were not disappointed. The sign on the door said the restaurant was shut, but the staff still allowed us to eat and were most accommodating when it came to our baby son.

Reviewed December 16, 2016

We were passing through Basel one evening and parked our car in front of Restaurant Marmaris. I accidentally left my diaper bag on the street, directly in front of the restaurant, which contained all of the passports for our family, our camera, and my purse with a few hundred Swiss Francs inside. A customer found our bag and gave it to the owner, who later contacted me in the evening and offered to post everything to us. Instead, I drove back to Basel the following day to collect the bag, and all of our valuables were still intact. I am so grateful to the owner and his customers for being such decent and honest people, and very friendly too! The next time we pass through Basel again, we will certainly eat at this restaurant. A restaurant which is operated by such good people can only be good itself.

I wanted to leave this review because a restaurant review is not only about the food - it is also about the people who run the business. The customer service we received was truly above and beyond expectations.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Maybe a decent restaurant in the close area. However, one of my worst food experience. Few vegetables only for myself and a final addition of 32 Swiss francs. For one tomato. One onion. Burger and grilled hallumi.

Reviewed August 4, 2015 via mobile

The kebap s and meat alternatives are really good and enough. You can try "sac kavurma" especially, it was really delicious.

2  Thank Hakanotyildiz
Reviewed March 24, 2015

My second favorite Turkish restaurant in Basel after Kelim. Great food and service and fairly priced by Basel standards. Love the chips in this place. Remind me of my mums.