“Typical swiss dinner”
Review of Walliser Kanne

Walliser Kanne
Ranked #40 of 645 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Basel, Switzerland
“Typical swiss dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Some colleagues from latin america wanted to try typical swiss food, so we took the to the Walliser Kanne. We had the regular foundue, which was good but quite expensive. Service was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
“very good!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

great , traditional Swiss menu.
very high Quality Food, Service and wine list.
excellent schitzel, soups and salad.
Fondue with champagene , brilliant!

highly reccomended.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank colin B
Ramat Gan, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

very euthenics experience, Swiss food at his best! Wiener schnitzel is highly recommended, with spätzli or rösti, a perfect delight!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Uri R
Basel
“Not for me”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Five of us went to eat here last week. It's not the first time that I have been but I must say that I will not go again. We were with a couple who were new to Switzerland so we had fondue as a starter - way too heavy as a starter but a very nice fondue. Two of our party then had the weiner snitzel which is cooked in butter by the table. I do not like butter and the smell was so overpowering that at one stage I thought that I was going to be sick. Maybe we were sat in the wrong place but I've never had that problem before. I had the sausage with onion gravy and rosti. The sausage had lots of gristle in it and for me was inedible. All in all the experience, for me, was very bad so I feel that I could not recommend the restaurant to anyone.good

• Visited February 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great food, but expensive”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have eaten here a few times when visiting Basel. If you want really good, traditional Swiss food then I can definitely recommend Walliser Kanne. Eating out in Switzerland is generally an expensive experience, and this is on the top end of expensive, but for a treat, I think it's worth it. The cheese fondue and the Wiener schnitzel are absolutely fantastic and there is a warm atmosphere with good service.

• Visited November 2013