“Absolutly fantastic food”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just came home after having a fantastic lunch at the Stucki. I really prefer the food here than at the other 2 star restaurant in Basel. The food at the Stucki is much fresher in its flavour and not quite so rich. We had the four course business lunch which was great. The only downside today was that our waiter messed up the aperitif order - we asked for pink champagne but he brought the ordinary and he also brought the wrong starter which they did change straight away when I pointed it out. That is why today the Stucki doesn't get a 5 spot rating. We will definitely be going back though as I think today was just a hiccup as the service was superb the last time that we went. The lunch was excellent value and I can quite understand why the Stucki has now got a second Michelin star.

1  Thank 236SueH
There are newer reviews for Tanja Grandits

Reviewed April 11, 2013

When I wanted to celebrate my aunt's 60th birthday, the choice on where to take her was easily made. I had already read great reviews about the place, so my expectations were very high. I was immediately charmed by the intimate yet friendly atmosphere and the professional staff, then as soon as the first plates of our degustation menus arrived, I was already in heaven! The attention to detail of not only every dish (texture, color and taste) but also every plate where it was served on made it a feast for the eyes and the mouth. At the time I went to Stucki, they only had one Michelin star, I am glad the situation has now been corrected as they more than deserve the second one. My only regret is that I cannot go there as often as I wish! This is really the place to chose if you have a special occasion to celebrate.

1  Thank Baryla
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Everything you eat at Tanja Grandits Restaurant is unbelievably good. Repeatedly you find yourself trying to figure out what she did to the taste and texture of the food to obtain something that you feel you've never had in your life - positively and superlatively mindboggling. And importantly, everything you eat feels and tastes totally natural and organic; pleasantly and peacefully beautiful to eye and palate; masterfully artistic; no pretentious high tech artificial pyrotechnics here. The cheese selection is incredible as well, with many fantastic (soft) cheeses that I thought must be French but were in fact Swiss. This is an expensive restaurant but the food is so good, you walk out feeling you were immersed in another world for 2 hours and your money was incredibly well spent. Have eaten here several times and every time was equally fantastic.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stucki is one of the gourmet restaurants of top class in Basel.
The gourmet cuisine merges with its artistic sophistication, connected with an excellent service and a warm and friendly hospitality, made this evening to an unforgettable experience!

Aroma kitchen in its varied splendor....by Tanja Grandits, my deepest appreciation !

1  Thank Gyula H
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a great lunch at Tanja Grandits' Stucki Bruderholz restaurant.
Each course was a firework of flavour without being pretentious. You will enjoy the combinations without being a nerd that focuses too much on what you have on the plate. High class cooking paired with a good service, reasonable prices for wines and a modern decor.

1  Thank DaKe72