“Don't bother stopping here!”
Review of Al Fiume - CLOSED

Al Fiume
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vorstädte
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

View of the Rhine is magnificent, that's the only good.

The prices are criminal. We paid the equivalent of $65 USD for two, for plain water, two bowls of tomato soup and one plain cheese pizza. The soup was average and the pizza was below average. $65!? Are you kidding me!?

2  Thank OspreyElephant
There are newer reviews for Al Fiume

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant was very convenient to my hotel --and it looked nice-- so I was eager to try it. Well.... my lasagna must have been made by the new guy because it contained a spice mixture not familiar to my palate. It was also full of a near fatal amount of cheese. The combination of this with servers who were not all that attentive did not make for a pleasant experience. Their back dining room does have a beautiful view of the Rhine which was their only memorable up-check.

1  Thank oldsailor47
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I liked so much the location. The bottom of the restaurant hall give to the river, the entrance is on the oposite street. The view from the tables at the window is very nice.
The rest of the restaurant is dark. The atmosphere is..how can I explain...it has so much potential to be improved...
In the center of the room there is a pizza oven and a kind of a bar. The person who works in this position has left me so shocked, that I dont think the place can be ever better if this person still works there.
The food is good, but is difficult to enjoy it.
They care so little about the customers, that you feel in debt if they cook and serve the food.
I cannot recommend this place, at least for the moment, it feels like they want to push the people out instead of promoting it.
Unbelievable...

1  Thank Vmch27
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Took 20 minutes to ask for drink order and they were not busy. Cold attitude. Noisy too. We left before ordering.

2  Thank NAL802
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Excellent view of the Rhine, staff was very pleasant. Food was good, but not extraordinary. My son had the kinder-pizza, which he enjoyed very much, my wife had gnocchi with pesto, and I had the tortellini with pesto. Both of our pasta was nicely cooked, but the pesto was a little on the bland side. Dinner for three (three entrees, two salad appetizers, three beverages, and two desserts) ran to 115chf. This place is a good choice for a low key family dinner.

1  Thank WuTang68