“Nice restaurant”
Review of Southern Cross

Southern Cross
Reserve with
Southern Cross is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Heemstede
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Australian chef Peter Edwards, together with his wife Natasja and their team have been serving Modern Australian Cuisine for over 14 years. Qualilty seasonal produce both local and imported are of utmost importance. We have long standing relationships with our suppliers to Ensure we get the products we require. Grainfed Black Angus from the Clare Valley, Kangaroo from Western N.S.W tot Hiramassa Kingfish from South Australia are just a few of the ingredients sourced from Australia. The menu is constantly evolving to take advantage of each ingrediënt in its prime. Guests are invited to choose from our 3-course a la carte menu or take a culinary trip through Australia enjoying our 5-course degustation menu. Together with our sommeliers we have individual tailor made wine pairings with our food. All wines we have imported ourselves or come from one of our specialists suppliers.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As you can read in the other reviews aswell this is a great restaurant. Friendly service, different menu (Kangaroo, Crocodile, Emu, Etc. and a very good relation between price and quality (35 euro will get u 3 courses). Australian wine, australian Beer. Don´t forget to try the Pavlova Dessert accompanied by the 20 year old museum dessert wine.

There are newer reviews for Southern Cross

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Good menu. Starter - Main - Sweets one price, great. You have to reserve a long time in advance as it is allways full. No wonder great value, service and wine chart. Its worth the wait mate!

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Well simply my top One restaurant for thé équation between quality/price in thé district of Haarlem. I went there saturday evening Before thé queens day with my dutch girlfriend on thé idéa to à friend of her. Nice australian décoration Inside beautifull outside garden but it was too cold to eat there this Time. Staff very friendly And professional.
Thé menu is short but 32.5€ for entrée plat et dessert And thé big advantage compare to other restaurant is that you CAN havé starter And main course or main course And dessert for less than 30€ ! For example Spektatel australian restaurant in Haarlem is 32.5€ for 2or 3 courses. Another good point you CAN find à bottlle of Wine at less than 20€ which is very difficult in holland!!
Now thé food : they serves us very good bread with butter at thé flower of sel de guerande And Its not charges.
I took an amazing warm thaï Duck salad very tasty spicy really incredible And after Lamb with semoule as couscous perfectly cook pink. My girfriend Like very much thé same starter And very good fish. For me my two first courses were very tasty i was surprise by The quality And finest of The food at this price!!
My dessert was thé Cream ganache (Maybe thé only négative point) it was good but not fantastic but i was so good Before than...
I finish as I use to with à very good espressivo at 2.20€ serve with 4 little meringue And 4 little chocolaté with caramel....yes 8 sweetest with thé cofee at this price ! At The end of thé dinner The chief came to talk with us And offered à cofee again with thé 8 sweetest but I only drink my cofee (merde!!!).
OFF course they accept visa And American express.
I mean you understand this restaurant Where I dinner entrée plat dessert cofee And à bottle of Wine And à bottle of water for 45€!! Its clear I cant find this quality for this price in Paris so my table is Still booked When i Will Côme back to Haarlem in 3weeks.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

While walking down a street in Heemstede, close to the main Dutch Airport, I saw "The Southern Cross"... While living in Africa, the "Crois du Sud" gives me a total different Idea, but I was curious and went in. It was a restaurant and we got a table outside in a pleasant garden.

Service was very friendly, menu short, and I am not to much into "trendy" so called 'Bush Meat' ( Kangaroo & Alligator) but we ordered and the food was good, it was a bit long to come, ( we said we were in a hurry as we had to catch a flight) as the restauranmt looked busy inside and at arrival the meat was cold, but besides that, it was tasty. I will go there again, next time !

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have been quite often now in this restaurant and everytime again I am pleasantly surprised.....The food quality and variation is excellent, the price is very very friendly, the staff the best I know in this region! Friendliness, knowledge and professionalism are key words. The owners peter and natasja work in the kitchen resp the restaurant and you really feel among friends!