“Pleasant Vegetarian Sunday roast.”

The Tradesman's Arms
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Stokenham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London
“Pleasant Vegetarian Sunday roast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband myself and our small dog had a pleasant Sunday lunch here. I was especially pleased that there was a vegetarian nut roast available as I don't eat meat. All the roasts were advertised as being served with a Yorkshire pudding which I love. The food arrived very quickly but minus the Yorkshires even though my Husband had beef! We asked if we could have some but were told they were only for the beef which was disappointing for me. However a large one was immediately produced and we shared that so I didn't miss out! The Landlord and Lady could not have been more apologetic once they had checked the menu and realised their mistake. Apart from that little glitch the lunch was very nice overall and good value too.

• Visited October 2013

Preston
“Wonderful old pub with old fashioned high standards.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Tradesman's Arms provides pub dining, restaurant dining and accommodation. It always appears busy as the food and the staff are excellent. Me and my wife stay on a regular basis, usually taking our dog. The two ensuite rooms at the front are particularly spacious and characterful, offering views across the valley. Kathy and her staff go out of their way to make us welcome. We always sleep well as the pub is more of a restaurant and all is quiet by 11pm at the very latest. The mornings see plenty of hot water and a full English breakfast which is always splendid and welcome. A newly extended car park provides very easy parking right in the midst of the delightful village of Stokenham.

• Visited October 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Hospitality & Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in South Devon recently at Higher Beeson House, which I would also recommend, but for our evening meals we visited a small pub called the Tradesman's Arms. The hospitality shown to us was very friendly and the food, for such a small country pub, was excellent. The selection was good and the food, when presented, was superb, not heaped on the plate with loads of chips. The latter by the way were cooked to perfection as was the fish.
The pricing was very reasonable and I just wish I lived nearer!

Bexley, United Kingdom
“wonderful food in a wonderful inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stumbled across this hidden gem earlier in September and enjoyed it so much that on an unexpected return visit Thursday wanted to share with my brother who was visiting from USA, was not disappointed. Great food, attentive staff and great atmosphere, we will be returning year on year

1 Thank Sterry95
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Village Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Splendid example of a well run country village pub. Thankfully no " Fain Daining" here, only well presented wholesome and satisfying meals. Friendly and attentive staff, if you happen to have four legs and go Woof ! you will even get a treat from the barman. I have left the best part till the end- Real sensible pricing, such a change from most other restaurants these days.

1 Thank mackemman