“Beautiful Perugia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perugia
Villa Nuba Charming Apartments
Ranked #4 of 112 Specialty Lodging in Perugia
GreenLeadersSilver level
brisbane
“Beautiful Perugia”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Villa Nuba in May 2013 and although the weather was horrendously cold/rainy, we were greeted by the warm Giuseppe at the train station wearing his white cap (although due to an email typo, we were looking for someone holding a white "cup"!). He gave us an informative tour of the city on our way to the accomodation and helped at the supermarket to find some (strong!) local wine and ham to start off! The villa was cosy and homely with a nice welcome basket of goodies.

Even though we caught the bus a few times, I would also recommend getting a car to really explore the area. I did manage to get completely lost trying to walk back to the apartments one day, so be warned that the medieval roads and tunnel under the city can be very confusing! When we did hire a car, we made day trips to the nearby towns which were brilliant! Giuseppe helped us with the car hire which was much appreciated! The pool area looked amazing, it was a shame the weather was too cold to enjoy the full surroundings, including garden and pretty patio area. His wife, Elga, is also lovely and always willing to help. We really enjoyed our stay at Villa Nuba and would recommend to anyone looking to enjoy a relaxing stay in beautiful Umbria!

Ciao and thank you Giesuppe!

Room Tip: We had the one bedroom apartment but if you would like a bigger apartment, the two bedroom apartment...
1 Thank pippyd123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
La Quinta, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

An excellent choice! My husband and I spent a week at Villa Nuba at the end of June and loved it. It's location makes it a very convenient choice to visit the surrounding hilltop villages in Umbria. We booked the Del Perugino apartment, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, and found it to be very spacious, modern and extremely comfortable.

Giuseppe and his wife Elga, our hosts, are very hospitable and knowledgeable and always on hand to offer help. Giuseppe took us on a tour of Perugia to help us get acquainted with the area and all it has to offer. It definitely felt like our home away from home.

Bob & Cathy, California

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent a glorious week in Perugia thanks to Giuseppe and Elga, our hosts. Both were warm, friendly and helpful. They ensured that we had a fantastic time by checking in on us at just the right times--when we needed it. The villa was wonderful, comfortable and fabulous location. We could walk into the heart of the city in just minutes and not worry about parking. Getting out of the city was easy access to the major roads. We reviewed many apartments before selecting this one and we are glad we did. We would go back there again and again!

Room Tip: There are several rooms at the villa. We had one for 2 couples with 2 separate areas that were great...
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 wonderful weeks in the 2 bedroom 2 bathe apartment and cannot say enough good things about our experience. We would highly recommend Villa Nuba to anyone visiting the Umbria region of Italy. Perugia itself had much to see and we especially enjoyed the Etruscan underground and all the Museums and all of the old city. Of course there is no shortage of churches and cathedrals in Italy and Perugia had wonder old churches to see.
The owners are fantastic and I cannot say enough good about Giuseppe and his wonderful wife! They were always available to help us with directions and that was the value of have the owners right on the property.
They speak great English. They were generous in every way and helped us with directions and even took us to the grocery store and the rental car place on our first day there. G met us at the train station on our arrival. That was a tremendous help.
There really was not a thing wrong with the apartment. We were very comfortable there and remember we were there for 2 weeks. Obviously, great care was taken in preparation for our arrival. The place was spotless. The property was impressive and they even have a beautiful swimming pool with wonderful grounds and lounge chairs , etc. Many euros have been spent on renovation so that the building looked almost new. What else can I say other than we would highly recommend your staying there and that it was a trip of a lifetime and our stay at Villa Nuba made it all that much more special. Every important place to see villages churches towns and city's are all a day trip from the apartment with your rental car .
Perugia was a wonderful city and was easy to access by bus and even walking. We walked some places and a grocery store and bakery was nearby. The owners of Villa Nuba had a friendly relationship with many of the local restaurant owners and the bakery is that we could get at least a 10% discount on food and drink.
It was an easy train ride to Florence and you visit many other villages in Southern Tuscany in addition to what you will see in Umbria. The countryside in both areas is spectacular. We experiences lots of great wine. The food was wonderful every where. We ate in at times and experienced a fully equipped kitchen. We encountered no problems with language differences and as I said the owners spoke wonderful English. Lots of outside places to eat all over the areas and visitors will want to alow ample time to explore the old City in Perugia and make sure you allow time to get back to the property to enjoy the pool.
Again we highly recommend Villa Nuba to everyone and we would definitely there with no question.

Room Tip: We suggest the 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartment.
Santa Fe
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We are two middle aged couples, one from New Zealand and the other from the US. We just spent one week at Villa Nuba. It was perfect in every way. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath home within easy walking distance to a supermarket, bakery, ATM and from the old city of Perugia. All the correspondence with the owner Guiseppe went smoothly. He and his lovely wife Elgar were so warm and friendly and they speak fluent English which was so helpful. When we arrived Guiseppe drove us around to show us how to get to the highlights and all the places I mentioned above, that was a first. Now I know why their rental is #1 on Trip Advisor. Beautiful pool and outdoor areas. The very, very special highlight was their beautiful new son Lorenzo was being baptized on our last evening and we were invited to share in it. So special!

Ciao,
Linda

Room Tip: One of the bedrooms has the constellations on the ceiling that you only see when the room is dark, l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I came to choose Villa Nuba for my stay in Perugia after reading comments on Tripadvisor. I can say adamantly that it lived up to every comment. Nothing was exaggerated Cathy S and Jon O, they hit the nail on the head with their comments. I had already made arrangements to stay at a hotel in Perugia before coming to Villa Nuba. Giuseppe picked me up from the train and took me to my hotel and then picked me up four days later and brought me to Villa Nuba. That's service! Words that spring to mind are ambient, peaceful, character filled, comfortable, relaxing and very private. Giuseppe helped me post packages home (Australia), book flights and got me a great deal on a mobile phone. Things I could not have done so easily on my own. Nothing was too much trouble. On day one he gave me the guided tour of Perugia with very helpful tips on travel, eating, shopping. We stopped at the supermarket, he helped me buy groceries and even carried them to the car. As a woman travelling alone I felt very safe and secure at Villa Nuba. Giuseppe was full of useful and practical suggestions to make my stay the absolute best. If he hadn't seen me for a few days he would pop in and check that I was ok and see if I needed anything. But at the same time I always felt like I had total privacy. I have never stayed anywhere with a host so amicable and caring for the welfare and interests of his guests. I can find nothing negative about Villa Nuba on any level! All my friends are planning to add it to their next holiday, I have raved so much! There was nothing better than sitting in my own private courtyard watching the view, sipping on a wine and listening to the distant tolling of church bells after a long day exploring beautiful Umbria. But wait, there's also the Villa Nuba gold card. You can get discounts at several shops and restaurants in Perugia and even free espressos at the local pasticceria! Ten out of ten Giuseppe!

Room Tip: I stayed in del Bonfigli. Very suitable for a couple or triple. Any more I would choose one of the b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Prior to leaving home and while liaising with Villa Nuba regarding a weeks stay there I came to the conclusion that Giuseppe, the person with whom I was corresponding with, was a little old Italian man. Well I got that wrong. The reality is quite the opposite. Villa Nuba is a short distance from the old city of Perugia, within walking distance if you like walking or by bus which is a couple hundred metres from the gate. The apartments are well appointed and modern with a pleasing view over some rolling valleys. The property is well maintained offering a very inviting swimming pool and outdoor area, unfortunately for us we were just a little ahead of the swimming season. During our stay we visited many of the medieval hilltop villages and including Perugia on many occasions. Where to go, what to see, where to eat, where to shop, where not to shop or eat was made all that much easier by inside information....from Giuseppe. It can often be the case that while travelling a good time is dependent upon the people you meet....well we didn't have to look any further than our host, he made our stay that much more enjoyable. We did get to meet his beautiful wife Elga and gorgeous son Lorenzo and also mama and papa. By the time we left we felt more like family members that guests. Would I recommend Villa Nuba....sure I would.....highly recommend it!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends