“Villa Nuba in Perugia Umbria”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perugia
Villa Nuba Charming Apartments
Ranked #2 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Perugia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I came to choose Villa Nuba for my stay in Perugia after reading comments on Tripadvisor. I can say adamantly that it lived up to every comment. Nothing was exaggerated Cathy S and Jon O, they hit the nail on the head with their comments. I had already made arrangements to stay at a hotel in Perugia before coming to Villa Nuba. Giuseppe picked me up from the train and took me to my hotel and then picked me up four days later and brought me to Villa Nuba. That's service! Words that spring to mind are ambient, peaceful, character filled, comfortable, relaxing and very private. Giuseppe helped me post packages home (Australia), book flights and got me a great deal on a mobile phone. Things I could not have done so easily on my own. Nothing was too much trouble. On day one he gave me the guided tour of Perugia with very helpful tips on travel, eating, shopping. We stopped at the supermarket, he helped me buy groceries and even carried them to the car. As a woman travelling alone I felt very safe and secure at Villa Nuba. Giuseppe was full of useful and practical suggestions to make my stay the absolute best. If he hadn't seen me for a few days he would pop in and check that I was ok and see if I needed anything. But at the same time I always felt like I had total privacy. I have never stayed anywhere with a host so amicable and caring for the welfare and interests of his guests. I can find nothing negative about Villa Nuba on any level! All my friends are planning to add it to their next holiday, I have raved so much! There was nothing better than sitting in my own private courtyard watching the view, sipping on a wine and listening to the distant tolling of church bells after a long day exploring beautiful Umbria. But wait, there's also the Villa Nuba gold card. You can get discounts at several shops and restaurants in Perugia and even free espressos at the local pasticceria! Ten out of ten Giuseppe!

Room Tip: I stayed in del Bonfigli. Very suitable for a couple or triple. Any more I would choose one of the b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Prior to leaving home and while liaising with Villa Nuba regarding a weeks stay there I came to the conclusion that Giuseppe, the person with whom I was corresponding with, was a little old Italian man. Well I got that wrong. The reality is quite the opposite. Villa Nuba is a short distance from the old city of Perugia, within walking distance if you like walking or by bus which is a couple hundred metres from the gate. The apartments are well appointed and modern with a pleasing view over some rolling valleys. The property is well maintained offering a very inviting swimming pool and outdoor area, unfortunately for us we were just a little ahead of the swimming season. During our stay we visited many of the medieval hilltop villages and including Perugia on many occasions. Where to go, what to see, where to eat, where to shop, where not to shop or eat was made all that much easier by inside information....from Giuseppe. It can often be the case that while travelling a good time is dependent upon the people you meet....well we didn't have to look any further than our host, he made our stay that much more enjoyable. We did get to meet his beautiful wife Elga and gorgeous son Lorenzo and also mama and papa. By the time we left we felt more like family members that guests. Would I recommend Villa Nuba....sure I would.....highly recommend it!!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our stay at the Villa Nuba in Perugia was a highlight of our trip. Hosts Guiseppe and Elga (and of course their new son Mister Lorenzo!) were charming. The accomodation was spacious, comfortable and had every convenience. We elected not to hire a car and travelled everywhere by bus and train and had no problems. Guiseppe met us at the train station, showed us around Perugia, stopped at the Supermercato to allow provisioning and then highlighted places to visit. He has identified restaurants/Osterias that not only are authentic, but give discounts with a "Villa Nuba Gold Card". We tried every suggestion and the quality of the food and prices was outstanding. our only regret was that we did not have enough time there! I would recommend Villa Nuba unreservedly to anyone wanting an authentic Italian experience. We will certainly be returninmg to Villa Nuba!

Room Tip: We had the only one bedroom apartment. If you open the door in the morning for the sun you may get a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Villa Nuba in Perugia was one of several destinations during our travels in Italy, but the only villa we rented. Hands down (without close comparison), Giuseppe was the friendliest and most charming host we had the privilege of meeting! With warm hospitality, he put himself at our disposal.
Nuba is as charming as it has been described - nestled on the mountain side surrounded by willowy olive trees in a quiet neighborhood. Our accommodations in del Perugino were very clean, comfortable and conveniently located for our daily trips into the old city of Perugia. Giuseppe offered many recommendations for sights and dining. Not a one was off the mark! We explored the region of Umbria and experienced the treasures of its medieval history and beautiful countryside! We fell in love with Orvieto! The views of the mountains and the river along the rural route were simply gorgeous and the city is beyond all expectations! Italy is a very beautiful country with an endless bounty of rich heritage.
Nothing supersedes the true "sense of welcome" when you visit someone's home (country). Giuseppe did more than help us feel genuinely welcomed when we arrived.....
As we said our good-byes, Giuseppe made us feel we had made a friend for life!

I migliori auguri alla famiglia Nuzzaci!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You're already coming to Perugia, so you know all the wonders of Umbria--the phenomenal food, the beautiful countryside, the bordering on ridiculous number of charming medieval hill towns--but there's really no better place to make your camp than the Villa Nuba. Giuseppe is, as all have said in previous reviews, a wonderful, helpful, friendly host. He ordered us pizza on our tired and hungry arrival, told us the best places to eat in town (and as a food tourist of some experience, I'll vouch for his good taste!), and acquainted us not only with the villa itself, but with the surrounding area and showed us the best way to walk into the city center (which is a pleasant, easy walk of fifteen minutes or so). The pool wasn't set up yet (we were there on the tail end of winter, and it was still cold), but it looks like more or less the best place in Italy to relax.

The apartments themselves are as comfortable as being at home, with a well-appointed kitchen, fireplace (with a big basket of wood already stocked when you arrive), comfortable beds, and a wonderful view of the valley below Perugia. It's also convenient to Assisi, Spelo, Todi, and more or less anywhere else in Umbria--if you ask, Giuseppe will recommend which towns you would most like to visit based on your predilections... do you like wine? Food? Art? Architecture? Giuseppe will tell you where to go and how to get there.

I've stayed many places all over Italy in the last few years, but this was one of the few places I've ever felt at home. Can't recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in the big apartment on the top floor, which has The Ursa Minor room--with an impressively...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Guiseppe is a great host. He met us at the train station on our arrival in Perugia and three weeks later delivered us to the station for our journey to Rome. Three weeks of impeccable hospitality in a wonderful part of Italy ensured we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Villa Nuba. From the extensive welcome basket to the tour of Perugia and the wealth of information about buses, trains, shopping and sights Guiseppe made us feel totally at home. Villa Nuba is very well situated to the town centre, bus and railway stations and to supermarkets and pharmacy. Guiseppe and his wife warmly welcomed us and we highly recommend staying at Villa Nuba.

Room Tip: The photos on the website perfectly show all three apartments.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our family spent a wonderful three days at Villa Nuba and it was the best experience every. This was the first time using a vacation rental, and we will never go back to staying in hotels! Giuseppe is an outgoing and warm host! He made us feel right at home at his Villa. He came up with a huge list of places to visit, recommendations on places to eat and even helped us track down some Truffle vendors, simply amazing! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Toroitaliano, Owner at Villa Nuba Charming Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

What can I say .... if not thanks from the deep of my heart. Thanks of course for the lovely comment, but mainly thanks for having choosed us for your stay in Perugia.

HAPPY 2013 TO YOU AND TO ALL OUR GUESTS OF 2013.

We take this opportunity to wish all our Guests and especially those who have left their comment, a very happy 2013.

During all the 2012 and in the first month of 2013 the review of our Guests have been the best gift we could receive from all of you. The flattering opinions, judgments and memories about your stay in Umbria at Villa Nuba moved us and they brought us to some simple considerations: the first is that we are on the right track and the passion for what we do has certainly produced a good result, that is to say offer our Guests an unforgettable relaxing stay in Perugia and Umbria and permit them “to live like a local”.
The second consideration is that to have opened our home to all of you gave us many positive experiences and made us know and appreciate the beautiful people who want to know our land and our traditions. We can only conclude that those who choose Villa Nuba choose it because it coincides exactly with what they desired and had in mind. Ergo, applying the simple commutative property, if you say that Villa Nuba "well worths the stay" is because all of you, who honor us of your choice, are worthy. I mean there is an affinity between Villa Nuba and its guests, an affinity which derives from the meeting of your expectations and desires and our efforts to fulfill them. It is also thanks to this encounter that Villa Nuba is a special villa and thanks to you who are so special.
To all a huge thanks, we hope to see you all soon in that home in Perugia and in the green Umbria which, by now, is also your home.
But we want promise you that we will never be content: every time you’ll come back to visit us
we will try to make you find Villa Nuba better than the last time. We will try to amaze you. Every time you will give us the honor of being the destination of your holiday in Perugia, you will find happy surprises for a restful and memorable stay.

Reading your comments we are sure that Villa Nuba have earned a small place in your heart. Thanks again and, again happy 2013 to everyone!