We stayed here for one night, and wished we had booked for more. The Castle is stunning, in beautiful surroundings with pretty gardens. There is also a pool, although we didn't use it.
Our room was on the ground floor at the bottom of the tower with its own private, gothic style terrace. We sat and relaxed there all afternoon and soaked up the view and peaceful atmosphere while the staff brought us wine and nibbles.
The room itself, although not huge, was lovely, clean and with great features. There's also free wifi so you can make your friends jealous by posting pics of your surroundings on Facebook straight away!!
We ate dinner there (but not in the Michelin starred restaurant). We had a really fantastic meal and for a very reasonable price for what we got.
We had a car, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get around the local area from here if you didn't.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place. We booked it because we saw the good reviews on Tripadvisor and it certainly lived up to it.
Would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia