Stayed here with my girlfriend in September, we loved the place. It was great to walk around inside the castle, it is great they way that they have it set out, really feels like you are in a medieval castle. Room was awesome, simple but with you everything you need, and felt almost like it would have hundreds of years ago. The staff were great. especially in the restaurant. We ate our own dinner on the top of the castle where they have some tables on the battlements. The view is spectacular, and the sunset unforgettable - this was really the Italy we wanted to see. The second night we ate at the restaurant that looks over the valley - we sat outside and had the whole outside area just for us, they even out on some 'younger' music for us, different from what was playing inside which was a great touch. Food wasn't the best I had in Italy, but my girlfriend was very happy, and with the atmosphere and service, easily ranks in the top 5 dinners we had in Europe. The same restaurant is used for breakfast - again we sat outside both mornings and looked over the valley while we ate an amazing buffet breakfast.....with prosecco - what more could you ask for??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia