We were at this unusual and lovely hotel for 2 nights. It is actually a castle on a beauifully well-maintained property with stunning flowers and fruit and vegetable trees and plants, with terrific views of the surrounding countryside of Umbria.
The staff was wonderfully welcoming, warm and helpful in a variety of ways.
Breatkfast(included) was a wonderful buffet of a variety of lovely breads, sweets, fruits, juices, etc. etc. and the service there was excellent. THe breakfast room also had beautiful views.
Parking is on the property and is included.
The hotel is about a 7-8 minute car drive to the center of town.
We had a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia