We stayed for 2 nights at the castle and it was so hard to leave to continue on our trip. We immediately felt relaxed, calm and restful, and after 4 full days running around Rome...we needed it! Be sure to plan some time to just sleep in, enjoy the beautiful breakfast buffet and explore the castle grounds. It is more beautiful than can be described here and while the rooms were on the small side, they were not as small as I feared. Everything was very comfortable and when Francesco said, "the castle is at your disposal" he wasn't kidding. Take a bottle of wine up to the roof top patio and enjoy the view. Do not hesitate to stay here if you are in the area - we would go back tomorrow if we could.
PS: Be sure to see Assisi nearby - one of our favorite stops!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia