I endorse the recognition other Trip Advisor reviewers have already bestowed on this property. Our room was small but then we did get the last one available the weekend we stayed. Charming public spaces and alcoves to have a drink, read or work. Great view of the town from the main restaurant. The second is a Michelin starred restaurant within the courtyard, deservedly very nice for food and service. Friendly and helpful staff throughout. One caution, no fault of the hotel. Thanks to Perugia's geography confusing even by Italian standards, it is extremely tricky to drive oneself to the hotel. Google map directions are a mess. We ended up going to the train sation and hiring a cab to follow! But once there, what a stay! Serene enough for adults; but the pool and grounds make the hotel also child-friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia