The experience was made special because of the flexibility created by traveling off season and the responsiveness of the front desk staff . The double rooms shown to me were all very small and confining(less than 200 sq feet). However the staff was able to upgrade us to a triple (DRAGO) and it was very comfortable.The room is pictured on the web site. The bathroom , was about the size of a small closet, but it did have a stall shower. Anna and the front desk staff were very accommodating and helpful especially on navigating in the dark and creating Google maps which unfortunately don't work well in the curvy countryside.Street signs are placed differently from the States in this area.....exactly opposite.
They even were able to create a dinner for us when the dining room was closed and we had gotten lost trying to find a restaurant in Ponte San Giovanni, the nearest town. I do not recommend trying to find this nearby town for the first time in the dark. The Michelin Restaurant in the Castle has 4 tables in the winter and a typically complex menu. The chef there cooked us a meal that was much simpler and excellent. The larger restaurant tried to cook the same meal the next night , but while okay, was not as good. The breakfasts were fine and even though when traveling in December, one misses the Terrace dining and lovely view from the deck, the lack of crowds and personal attention more than make up for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia