“Great little hotel”
Review of Hotel Signa

Hotel Signa
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Perugia
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I loved this place. The staff was wonderful, the room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and my window overlooked the private garden belonging to the hotel. And it was quiet at night. I'd definitely stay there again next time I'm in Perugia.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 21, 2014

For its location, comfort, staff, and as so many others have already said - its wonderfully panoramic views. From the moment we arrived, Mario and the rest showed us we woud be well taken care of during our two-night stay. They were excellent!

Reviewers have listed so many positives about this hotel...so here are a few I don't think have been mentioned....If you are like us and traveling through Italy by train/bus, this is a great choice. Perugia has transportation between the train station and the city, called the "minimetro", and it's one of the best we've ever encountered. It runs very frequently, is fast, inexpensive, you get it just outside of the station...Plus the Signa is just a 10-15 minute walk from its final stop (Pincetto) - and that was with luggage.

A bit more about the location. There is a fairly large supermarket (Meta) down the block and around the corner from the hotel, with enough breads, cheeses, pestos, hams, wines, fruits, veggies, etc. to fill all your needs. Out the door of the Signa and to the right, maybe 5-10 minutes away, is one of the most interesting churches we found during our month's travels, the Basilica di San Pietro. If you get there, make sure to have a look at its choir, reputed to be one of the finest in the country, and certainly the best we've ever seen.There is also a lovely garden right next door. Just a short way past the supermarket is the bus station, from which we were easily able to take a day trip to Gubbio (strongly recommended!) Finally, as others have already said, it is a short, easy walk into the historical center of the city.

There are 2 choices for breakfast, a buffet downstairs or a cappuccino and croissant for 2E. We opted for the latter, and we also chose to pay another euro and have them brought up to our room so that we could enjoy them on that private terrace I wrote about earlier. The cappuccini are creamy-good, and the croissants come plain, sugar-dusted, or (my fave!) loaded with chocolate.

Even paying extra for one of the rooms with the view/terrace/vista, the Signa is an excellent value. If you are lucky enough to book one of those rooms, you will immediately see for yourselves what I mean. We were in 352, and if we ever make it back to Perugia, we will definitely try to stay there again...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The views from this hotel were truly unbelievable, and coupled with excellent room, and staff who give an incredible level of service, made for a memorable stay. The location is comfortably within walking distance of the sights of Perugia, and assistance with parking was excellent.
Well done everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights and thought wow...if only some of the 4 star hotels would treat us this well. Seriously, they are great. The gentleman at the desk came out to our car and helped carry in the bags (we are not seniors by any stretch) and the same when we left. We spent a little more and got a room with a beautiful balcony which i can't wait to use the next time we come. It was a bit rainy but beautiful. Very affordable, clean and well located. Would have preferred a better quality bed but overall that was minor. FOUR STAR SERVICE FOR 2 star price! Loved the Signa and the little breakfast...brioche and cafe, perfect for my breakfast.

Room Tip: I think we had room 351, just ask for the one with the big balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarioSigna, Proprietario at Hotel Signa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Ciaotrave,

thank you for review, I'm very happy you appreciated so much the accomodation and our helpfulness...we like to cuddle our guests!

Thank you also for the kind complaint about the quality of the bed, we'll certainly verify it!!

I really hope you'll come again,
kindest regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here with my mother and brother for 1 and a half weeks. Breakfast buffet did the job, staff were extremely friendly and helpful! Any questions we had on the local area/where to eat/great ideas for day trips/etc were all answered. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Perugia wanting a relaxed, clean and friendly service. They even received a parcel for me months after my stay with them. They really go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank agcarter1993
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Took a chance and booked based on previous reviews which were overwhelmingly positive.. wasn't disappointed . Spent 2 weeks here.. perfect location for walking to centro storico, loads of facilities right outside the hotel, parking taken care of with hotel permit, clean comfortable rooms, plentiful continental breakfast and good coffee! Family/staff on hand for help if necessary, nothing was too much trouble. They even organised an extra 2 weeks accommodation at The Signa Residence....at the last minute ! .. for my daughter. Will definitely book again when revisiting Perugia in the Spring.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank GenovaValli
MarioSigna, Proprietario at Hotel Signa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

Dear GenovaVal,

thank you for your beatiful review, it has very important value even because you had a long stay with us! I'm also happy that your doughter enjoyed her stay in our Residence!

For a next visit...we are here!!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The location of the hotel is central enough to be able to walk easily to the centre. The staff are all very friendly and attentive. Value for money cannot be faulted. The room was probably a little larger than expected given what we paid and was spotless. The breakfast buffet was worth the extra few euros.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - although not if its foggy!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear OtterChim,

thanks so much for your beatiful review!

I'm happy that you enjoyed all of your stay here!

Kindest regards,