“Wonderful experience, attentive staff”
Review of Hotel Signa

Hotel Signa
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Perugia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here with my parents for 3 nights and was beyond pleased. Marco and his team were very helpful; he helped us book a bus to another city and took the time to explain all the necessary details, and was always ready to answer any questions that we had during the course of our stay. We had 2 rooms on the 3rd floor and were very pleased. Rooms were simple in terms of décor, but were spacious, comfortable and very clean...plus, the view from my room was incredible!

I will definitely stay at Hotel Signa the next time I visit Perugia. Thanks again to the staff for being so great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leila O
MarioSigna, Proprietario at Hotel Signa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Leila,

thank you very much for your stay and your review!!

I'm really happy that you and your parents appreciated so much my help during your stay!

For a next eventual time we'll be here!

Kindest regards,
Mario

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Perugia for the Umbria Jazz Festival in July and chose this hotel based on the fabulous reviews found here on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to say that the hotel well and truly lived up to the many positives mentioned.
The room was clean, serviced everyday, and quiet and cool with the summer heat. The staff were always helpful and friendly and the simple pastry and coffee for breakfast worked great for us.
Our room was up the top and at the end so WiFi connection was very inconsistent but other than that everything about our stay here was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nsv777255060,

thank you for your excellent review!

I'm very sorry for the wi-fi, at the beginning of July we add an access point because in some room the signal was too low but, unfortunately this access point caused problems to the whole network of the hotel!!

I hope to meet you for the next Umbria Jazz Festival!

Kind regards,
Mario

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at this little gem from June 26-30. Everything about this place was first rate. First the room: ours was 234 and we had a terrace w/ flowers and an incredible view of the country side. The rooms aren't particularly large, but sufficient for a stay. The bath is small, but then again, we're in Italy and baths tend to be much smaller than in the States. Although I brought my own hairdryer, they do provide on in the bathroom.

An unusual feature for an Italian hotel: 2 people cleaned the room and did so with extreme thoroughness. The hotel staff was incredibly nice, friendly and beyond competent. Besides the family that owns the hotel, there were 2 others: Miguel and Maurizio, both as nice as could be.

Parking wasn't a problem. They give you a parking medallion and you park on the street. We opted not to have the breakfast buffet but rather had coffee and a cornetto at the hotel. We ate them at the bar and/or outside on the terrace.

When it was time to check out, Mario (the owner's son) helped us with our luggage (using, smartly, a hand wagon) and took it all down the street right (about 300 yards) to the car.

None of the staff complains about anything. They are all happy, which only adds to a pleasurable trip.

There are, also, some nice small restaurants in the area which make it easy for the traveler to unwind at the end of a long day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just returned from a three night stay here and we loved it, fab room with wonderful view - room 350- the staff are so friendly and helped us rent a car in the city on short notice. Had Drinks on the swing chair on the veranda very relaxing. The hotel is spotless and peaceful and there's some great restaurants on the door step.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Lovely hide-away!! Clean, friendly, clean, functional, clean, fantastic balcony views, clean!! If you want a base to retreat to after touring Perugia this little gem will tick all the boxes! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Emma S
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Signa. The staff were helpful and the room was clean with a great view of Perugia. It was close to the old part of the city and the A/C was appreciated in the 35 degree heat. We would recommend it as a good budget stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Many thanks to the staff for the fine service in my 5 day stay at Hotel Signa. It was my travel base while in the area and even when I took a weekend to travel to Florence they were able to hold my room for when I returned. The room had a magnificent view and was above most of the traffic noise. The location was perfect for accessing all parts of Perugia, with good restaurants (especially Della Bianca!) and a variety of shops nearby. My only minor complaint was the spotty Wi-Fi service; connections in my room were not consistent but the view from my windows more than made up for it and I could make connection easily in the main lobby areas and patio. I would return to Hotel Signa without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo