“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 66 Hotels in Perugia
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Have just spent 6 nights here and couldn't fault it. The hotel is spotless, room spotless, bathroom spotless. I had a single room with a comfortable single bed. The room had lots of natural light, and the shower had plenty of hot water with great pressure. Only once during the busy morning period did the water temperature fluctuate a little. The owners are friendly and helpful, and speak just a little English. The hotel is five minutes' walk up a long flight of steps to the city centre - great exercise every day! There was a tv in the room, Italian channels only. No tea/coffee facilities which is standard in Italy, and breakfast was not included, but who needs it when there are fantastic cafes within walking distance. What impressed me was that as the night temperatures were due to plummet, additional blankets were provided without having to ask. This was a superb little place that I would highly recommend, and it was fantastic value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Suzie_Anon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cesena, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,071 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

great location for this tiny and clean hotel. Our room with inner bathroom on the second floor was simply furnished but comfortable, light and extremely clean. it's very close to the city center of the marvellous city of perugia. very recomended. it has also a private parking for uor car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Mark B
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

My 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Hotel San Sebastiano for 9 nights in February and didn't want to leave! Our room with ensuite bathroom on the second floor was simply furnished but comfortable, light and extremely clean. The bathroom was spotless which I really appreciated. The location in the university precinct about five minutes from Corso Vanucci and all the sights was ideal for getting a real feel for life in Perugia - especially climbing the steps of Via Appia every morning on the way to breakfast at our favourite cafe'. But the real plus at Hotel San Sebastiano is the warm family atmosphere. Giovanna, Giacomo and Florinda made us feel so welcome and looked after us so well, we can't wait to go back.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2007

A friend of mine and I are just leaving Perugia, having stayed two nights at this little family-run hotel in the University section of Perugia. My room was large and spacious, with a very comfortable "matrimoniale" bed they made from the two twin beds. I would normally be quite happy with a simply appointed room, but the bathroom was not very clean, which is a "must" for me, as well as for my friend. His room, for the same price, was TEENY and the bathroom was also not clean. I had long hairs on the floor (not mine!) and on the tiled wall. The hotel owner's wife was very personable, but asked some very direct and personal questions of both myself and my travel companion, that were a bit too "familiar", for lack of a better term. Both of us were a bit put off by this, which is a shame, because we love to get to know people. I only mention this as it happened to each of us on separate occasions and we did not feel we had very much privacy. The plumbing in my room was a bit comical, in that every time I flushed the toilet, for about 30 seconds afterwards a huge and very loud groaning sound emitted that echoed throughout the hotel, I'm most certain!! I called it my Jurassic Toilet! Again, were it not for the dirty bathroom, rude owner and groaning toilet, the bed was extremely clean and comfortable, and room was spacious.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — cleanliness of bathrooms
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Holmus
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2006

This basic little 2-star has the advantage of being high up in a hill-top town, and it's in a very quiet backwater spot. You still need to hike up some quite steep steps to get to the historic centre of Perugia, but those steps are quite a spectacular sight.

At the top of the steps are some very inviting restaurants, as a just reward for your efforts!

The Hotel San Sebastiano has simply furnished rooms. I stayed in the cheapest single room, with the shower room off the corridor. The bed was firm and comfortable, and the room was perfectly clean. Most guests eat breakfast out, but the owner (who was very helptul to me in providing directions to places) said he could provide breakfast for an extra 3 Euros.

2 Thank David_Goldsmith
forest knolls, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2005

We stayed at the family-run Hotel San Sebastiano in the interesting and historic city of Perugia in Umbria for 3 nights in April 2005. It is in the "centro storico" area of Perugia, overlooking a gorge, with trees and greenery outside. We had a nice view from our bigger-than-average size room. It was clean and wonderfully quiet. San Sebastiano is close to the Roman aquaduct and university, and only a few blocks from the city attractions. There is a private parking lot, which was a bonus for us in this part of the city. It was a bit hard to find, but a good place to stay. If taking the train or bus, it would be best to take a taxi with your luggage to find it, but can definitely get around well without a car. We used Perugia as a home base to visit medieval hill towns such as Assissi, Spello, Speleto, and Deruta. The owners are very sweet, the husband and grown daughter speak English, and are very helpful. Our double room was 60 euros, which we felt was a good value. They have a website, ------.

9 Thank m_bernarding