“Wonderful food & dining experience!”
Review of Il Turista

Il Turista
Ranked #282 of 868 Restaurants in Perugia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 19, 2016

We came across Il Turista on our way to Gubbio. The restaurant is a treasure. The food was outstanding, the hosts were so warm and hospitable, and the prices were reasonable. We began our lunch with two different types of pastas: pasta with arrabiata sauce and past con funghi; both were delicious! We had grilled vegetables stuffed with breadcrumbs and grilled meats for the main course, which were very good. The food tasted fresh, was served with delicious flat bread from Urbino, the wine, espresso and dessert were also very good. All in all, a wonderful dining experience! I highly recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

The view is fantastic. There is ample parking and the hosts are really nice people. I just had juice but I stopped for the view on my way to Gubbio.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

My wife and I were just recently vacationing In Italy. We spent most of our time on the east coast in San Benedetto. Our relatives suggested that we see the Frasassi Grotte which was spectacular. They also suggested that we visit the hill town of Gubbio which was nearby so on a drizzly day, we left the Grotte to drive to Gubbio. We found ourselves on a lovely winding road and we could see Gubbio in the distance. The rain finally stopped and we were hungry. We came upon Il Turista ristorante and decided to stop. We were greeted by the owner with a big smile and were seated promptly. Water and wine served within minutes and when asked what we would like, we told him that we just wanted some simple pasta. He suggested a mix of grilled meat for a second course and we agreed. The pasta was simply delicious. We've been to Italy many times and I've had pasta in numerous cities where I found it to be on the heavy side. Here the pasta was light and tasty and not overwhelming and the portions were just right. The second course was a selection of sausage, pork, chicken and steak all grilled and seasoned perfectly. Again .. simple and delicious.
We ended the meal with espresso and the host offered us a "digestive" (Amaro) on the house, which was most appreciated. The restaurant is situated on a hill that allows one to view Gubbio and luscious greenery. I have to say that were very pleased that we decided to stop at this place and had this unexpected pleasure.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

Very slow service even nobody else in the bar, the real machine didn't work it was just an exhibition item, they made the coffee with a capsule machine. It was terrible. Undrinkable.

Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

Our party of six enjoyed the quick & friendly service at both lunch and dinner provided by Cosimo & his wife (chef). Our home cooked meals were tasty, filling and healthy. A real find.